Looking for a Socket 478 mb

PurSuiT

Bah... can't go back and edit my post....

But anyway for my overclocked system to reach 3.2ghz at a nice low temp, I have my Q6600 settings at 356x9 w/ my DDR2 PC6400 ram downgraded to 533mhz so that I'm at a 1:1 ratio. I probably don't need to get another set of PC6400 ram which is 800mhz when I would just bring it down to 533mhz anyway... And my timings are all set at 4-4-4-18 as well.

Bah... can't go back and edit my post....

You should be able to edit it.... Assuming your still logged in. There should be a EDIT button along the bottom right of your post, just below your signature.

Nice new rig! /me drools....

Below my sig I just see "Top, Report, Quote, Reply"...

Yeah I just added a 2nd fan to my Ultra 120 extreme for a push pull effect now.

For me I like the setup and here are the pics of my box.

image059ms3.jpg

image062vb9.jpg

image063lz7.jpg

I just need more ram now... coughPursuitcough

So what are considered good temps on the 6600 base and with OC ? I have a 6600 that i threw a couple quickie basic OC's on. It was running 49-51 c on stock after popping it up to 3.2 Ghz. I didnt find solid info on it yet, so backed it down until I run into some games that need it.

Also for your mem are you running 1T or 2T. I was fine at 4-4-4-12 until I did 1T then I had issues. Back at 2T and fine.

Edited by WarSpartan

So what are considered good temps on the 6600 base and with OC ? I have a 6600 that i threw a couple quickie basic OC's on. It was running 49-51 c on stock after popping it up to 3.2 Ghz. I didnt find solid info on it yet, so backed it down until I run into some games that need it.

Also for your mem are you running 1T or 2T. I was fine at 4-4-4-12 until I did 1T then I had issues. Back at 2T and fine.

Where those speeds under full load? I got my step son's E6600 up to 3.0Ghz no problem, but even thou the full load temp was under 55c, it wasn't stable, so I put it back down. Of course, I still need to take off the stock cooling and get the Zalmann 9700 on there, which should help tremendously!! I think his box is running fine at 1T. Also, mem timings don't play a big roll in the performance of the Core2 duo.

The 49-51c was near idle. I didnt run any extensive software tests for stability, just got on and junked around a couple games, but didnt check temps uder full load. I wasnt trying to field a max'ed & stabilized OC, just was doing a quickie will it work OC, but I noted the temps and was wondering if that was a little high. I did some looking around but didnt see a good place for temp #'s.

Basically just wondering what you'd expect on average from stock settings for temp, then for a 3, then 3.2 Ghz OC. 3.2 Ghz OC seemed fine. I was hoping to stick with stock for simplicity, but can grab an aftermarket if im running too hot.

run Prime95 and see what temps you get. running at 3.2ghz is easy but you have to run Prime95 to stress test to see if you have your settings right. 6 hours is the norm to determine if you have a good overclock going. I tend to run it for about 5 min and if it's ok then I bump up the speed a notch and run again. When I hit an OC that creates an error right away in Prime95, then I adjust some settings in the Bios until the error doesn't come up right away then I let Prime95 run for as long as it can until I get an error. I run at 3.2ghz for about 2 - 4 hours w/ out an error and I'm fine w/ that. At full load my Q6600 (B3) is at 58c - 61c. Idol it's at 38c - 43c.

Go here for pics on my rig: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=525690

For what its worth, I think WarSpartan has the dual core E6600, not the quad Q6600.

Prime95 is good to use to test OC's! I run WCG 24/7, so if I can get no reboots or crashes after 24 hours, its usually good.

Hey DaPoets, if you check this, Top right of thread, Options <click>, Display modes, Standard -- then you should see EDIT button on the bottom right of your posts. (which is right next to QUOTE and REPLY)