The Clear Case Challenge

Dragon

This is what happens when your going to have a month off from work and think of something stupid and follow through with it.

The Arcylic Case Part 1

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

If your wondering why the arcylic looks so foggy, its because there's clear plastic on both sides that needs to be peeled off. I had some more pics from the beginning of the week when I first started but my digital dog ate them.

Not much left to do but fit the mounts for the drives(which is already made) and cut(er.. recut) the side panels. I'll post some pics of the drive mounts tomorrow.

In between writing music and playing video games, its turning out to be a fun little project. I've only spent $60 so far so I'm not ripping myself off. So, who's next to make one. :unsure:

Dragon

Kewl. I've been contemplating doing that for also 2 yrs now. Even went to home depot with a list. I settled on dremelling windows in case and drives. Still have a bunch of plexi left over.

Part 2

Drive bay top and bottom

Untitled-11.jpg

Drive bay again setup

Untitled-10.jpg

Back all cut out

Untitled-12.jpg

Got room for another 80mm fan or go with one 120mm. The one cool thing about this, I can set it up anyway I want it. B.Ob. asked about a 120 in the front, one quick little change and you can have 2(overkill but hey...). :unsure:

Dragon

I was thinking just putting a 120mm on the side panel blowing at the cpu and vc. Problem is, if I cut for a 120 and then decide I want a 80, I have to go out and buy a new piece of arcylic. Going the other way is no problem though.

I think an 80 blowing in from the front and one from the side, then one blowing out the back and one out the top is good enough for now.

Cool idea using the cone. :unsure:

Dragon

Part 3

Did this stuff like 2 days ago. Wanted to post these yesterday but I had to work all day, damn snow B) .

Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-16.jpg

Untitled-15.jpg

If I make another one, the mount of the drive won't look like the way it does. I found the parts, a little late but, to have it made like this case:

Drive Mount

Untitled-17.jpg

Oh, if anyone has thumbscrews like this one with the long thread and care to donate :D or sell let me know. I can't seem to find thumbscrews like these around here and I don't really want to order online. At least when one of you guys might have extra.

I got the front ready to be cut out for the drives just need to do it, maybe tonight. I'm going to need to thank Netscape for letting me hotlink these pics when I'm done. :)

Dragon

Well, if you decide to tackle one of these ParoxysM, let me know, I can tell you a couple things to watch out for. Trial and error is a bitch.

And now, more pics....

Untitled-18.jpg

Untitled-19.jpg

All set, just need to cut the side panels. Maybe tomorrow. :(

Dragon

Those drives and mobo were just for mock up. I thought about doing the cases of the drives in arcylic. Maybe something to work on during the summer. I'd paint them but I'm not sure what color. I'd like something that would reflect the blue lights. I've seen the kits to do the psu at the computer show so I might get one of those.

icunvnme, I spent $60 on the parts, figure from there.... not cheap that's for sure. I'd have to figure out how many hours it took me to build it. Any ones I build now would take less time for sure since I got all the screwing around out of the way. And there would be a lot less time messing around with that front drive mount now that I found parts to do it better err... the right way. The only real problem is the back panel for the pci cards and stuff. I ripped that out of a crap case I had. I'd have to find a way to make it or get another one for cheap or free.

I'll have it at the next lan party. You can check it out and see if you really like it. It looks nice and finished in the pics. I see all the dicking around I did I guess. Cool thing though, I can totally customize it for you, 92mm, 120mm fan holes, a little bit longer, taller, wider than your current case, no prob.

And now, some more drooling.

Look, no plastic covering.

Untitled-21.jpg

Untitled-20.jpg

Still don't know what to do with the switches for the front yet. :(

Dragon

AWESOME STUFF!!!

I still think you should use that lighted button you showed me, even if it was like $20....