WNY Gamers Club September LAN Event

Wow sorry to hear you are having some health issues bob ;) Hopefully you are in good shape and back at things right way :) I was hoping to make this one. If worse comes to worse I can see if the wife would let me offer up our place. Give me a chance to break in the new basement. The one area is pretty sizable and i have a pair of 6 footer and 1 5 footer table to add to the mix. The only hitch is that we have family in town next week, so I dont know if it will all work together, with extra in-laws about and a whole gaming crew in attendance, lol. Wife's call but I'll see if i can bribe her if needed, lol.

Either way what are people playing nowadays ? I havent been to the last couple lan's so i'd need to install whats the current favorites.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks WarSpartan! Its nice to be able to sleep thru the nite and not be woken up for shots, tests, etc....

As memory serves, Company of Heroes, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., F.E.A.R. and Halflife 2 deathmatch were played in August. I was checking a few sites and I don't see anything new coming out before the Sept LAN. Supreme Commander has been a favorite for some the few previous LANs. I know a couple wanted to get a Serious Sam 2 game going eventually, and I think the same on the newer Lord of the Rings 2 rts. Also, might still have some local BF2 action as well.

I will be good for the lan here!!

Good deal ! Glad you are back in your groove ;)

Ill get crackin and see what games I can get my hands on. I only have BF2 and HL2 out of all those atm. But Im guessing FEAR is still a free download.

Ive been itchin and hoping the new games would hit soon. Crysis, CoD 4, Quake Wars, all look interesting. I do have SC though for some reason Ive been in a funk with RTS's lately. Which is weird because I used to be a total RTS junkie !!! Couldnt stand shooters and now that seems to be what I play nowadays.

F.E.A.R is a free download!! You just need a key from their site. I will post the link tonight.

Cool I'll grab that in the morning. Also if anyone needs a demo copy of Stalker, I have one for the LAN. I dont know if I'd need patch v1.004 to go with it - not sure if they apply to demos. What a beast of a game single player though - I totally feel like I am playing an MMO shooter in it. Multiplayer seems like it will be nice.

Edited by WarSpartan

cya guys in a bit... by the way I can't eat Beef or Pork.... but I am good w/ everything else, especially if it has liquor in it.

Something came up couldn't make it guys. Bummer Will definately be there next time.

No prob, had a decent turn out, Sign up for Oct!