BF2 Server update

Dragon

My discs (and code) are still MIA. Probably will be until my up coming move is completed and get to unpack everything.

You just need a BF2 divining rod..... :)

My discs (and code) are still MIA. Probably will be until my up coming move is completed and get to unpack everything.

I actually have an extra set of keys for BF2 & SF kicking around here you could use till then. Unless using them on your account ID would make EA flip and ban it for some reason.

Is the new map on regular bf2 or one of the expansions ?

Tanky !

Is the new map on regular bf2 or one of the expansions ?

Its for regular BF2

• 1 month later...

Oh yeah, about that. I took the server down at the end of July. I didn't have the time to put into it anymore. I though about getting one again in Oct/Nov but unless I can put a group of ppl dedicated to keeping it populated, I'd rather put my money into something else, like a new guitar. :(

Dragon

You are all welcome to join my people an I on the XMC server. it's a 24/7 karkand no vehicles (not by my choice) but I have been running w/ my group for about 4 years now through different games. Just search for XMC and it's always nearly full at 32vs32. People w/ the |Unity| tag are my guys.

Argh. You guys and your 24/7 Kark. Tankgunner and his clan, 23rd, have their own server now and its 24/7 Kark. Granted its a great map, probably one of the best of BF2, but it wears on me after a couple rounds and I need a change.

I actually haven't play BF2 in a couple months now, and its probbably a shock to most cause I'm a hugh BF2 guy. I may hop on at some point though. B)

Dragon

I am highly enjoying Tampa since the tank is my weapon of choice 100% of the time, but the majority of my guild likes to ground pound. We all do get off the server to look for vehicles, but that's only like 20% of the time.

I enjoyed the server while it was rolling. I love having the vehicles in the game, ground pounding only gets boring pretty quick. I was an very active player on the server till it went through the ground only phase - i played it for a couple weeks then just got bored of that style. I of course still think air is grossly over-powered, but it is what it is B) I still fight against air but the lack of effective anti air makes you skulk around more than engaging in open combat when the air jockeys get going.

I know it was my biggest gripe but seriously - everything in the game has a very effective counter. Air is the one element that you cant effectively counter. Especially if you get skilled pilots going. I loved tanking around and was pretty much hated for it ;) But the tanks are soo easily killed compared to air its not even funny. Infantry can drop tanks very quickly - they cant do squat to air. Ground cant do squat to air (except of course my patented tank shell chopper dropper manevers, lol - but thats never a given), the rocket chairs can almost not do squat to air. The anti air tracks are really the ONLY effective counter, but then flares shut all that down pretty quickly.

Personally imo if air didnt have flares - it would bring things back in line. Then at least the current anti air tools would actually work against air effectively :)

I know theres all the arguements about real life combat etc, but in the end this is a game. When a game has elements that dont have a counter or balance - thats broken. Not unplayable, but sucks.

Which of course is why the most popular and consistently populated servers end up being no air, or ground only, or small maps with limited air, or city maps with limited or no air.

Edited by WarSpartan