Don't use WEP for Wi-Fi security

Don't use WEP for Wi-Fi security. German researchers got into a 'protected' network in 60 seconds

It takes just three seconds to extract a 104-bit WEP key from intercepted data using a 1.7-GHz Pentium M processor. The necessary data can be captured in less than a minute, and the attack requires so much less computing power than previous attacks that it could even be performed in real time by someone walking through an office.

Anyone using wireless for anything that requires security deserves what they get....

I'm using security through obscurity. You have to park in the street or in my driveway to get into my wireless.

Silly Rabbit, I bet I don't. 802.11 signals only need to over lap to create a data channel. Don't make me bust up my antenna’s Bob has witnessed there powers of distance. With my omni alone I can pick up most home routers a city block around a location, directional can do a mile or so. Only thing that helps is line of site to a location less stuff in the way the better.

I am writing this on some killer free wireless right now.

114063729.png

/me installs a wireless booster powered by solar, masquerading as a Highway Info flashing light sign :D