3dmark Scores

ParoxysM

But if you disable your sound card, are your 3dmark scores higher? That is all that really matters, lol. You posted a 3dmark06 score of 7000 something with your current rig with CF 1950's...I was getting over 9100 with my 1800s (default clocks).

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if you disable your sound card, are your 3dmark scores higher? That is all that really matters, lol. You posted a 3dmark06 score of 7000 something with your current rig with CF 1950's...I was getting over 9100 with my 1800s (default clocks).

Where is the link to your future mark scroe for 06? You are only getting 6106 with your x1900XTX with a CPU that is almost 1Ghz over mine. Also x1800s in CF config cost 2x times the x1950Pros I would expect more then 1/4 more performance.

Nice ninja thread edit, how did I become the original poster...damn admins.

Why would you upgrade and not get that much more? That link you posted showed people with 3x your score, q0wned. I'm not that much overclocked currently, doubt if I could break 6k. I swapped RAM a couple of times and have the BIOS settings at a safer level. I think my HTT is @ 1475, everything else is kinda low imo. Since AMD dropped their prices, I was going to max upgrade my board for about $200 to gain 800MHz...just to get the pimp AMD wallet

Nice ninja thread edit, how did I become the original poster...damn admins.

Why would you upgrade and not get that much more? That link you posted showed people with 3x your score,

Showed 8800GTX's with 1GB of mem running on 4.0Ghz intel systems there where 3x my score. of course.

If you look I am the fastest out of 8 similar systems to report back to futuremark.

3dmark06-021207.JPG

Either way now that I got my sound issue resolved I can work on the video. Was up to 7744 score just fixing the sound.

Must feel good to beatup 8 other systems with your exact configuration. Im going to run this on our 7 year old file server with dual PIII 733s, 2G RAM, 1M onboard video, 4x9G SCSI II drives...I bet I would be #1 with that configuration. :rolleyes:

Must feel good to beatup 8 other systems with your exact configuration. Im going to run this on our 7 year old file server with dual PIII 733s, 2G RAM, 1M onboard video, 4x9G SCSI II drives...I bet I would be #1 with that configuration. :rolleyes:

Sure added other one of your computers to the 749,789 I beat out over all, as that number already includes your current system with the x1900XTX in it. :P I got a 4mb S3Virge I could throw in my current system and see how that does. :)

I wish it would utilize the other half of CPU!!

True, think they have not added that to the score yet as there are next to no games that support multiple CPUs and none that I know of that are multi threading. :rolleyes: Can always set afffinity and see if that raises your score.

Can always set afffinity and see if that raises your score.

Lol, funny you said that...by setting infinity and raising priority to realtime I get about 1-2% increase. I run it from a bat file too to incorporate a few commandline parameters since 3dmark2k1, that has always increased my score another 1%. You can run 3dmark06.exe -help to list them all or you can decompile the exe like I did...shhhhhhhh. I noticed the programmers added code that checks how long it's currently been running vs the time it should've been running. If the times are 1 second off, it halts with a message :rolleyes: I changed a parameter so it would run slower to allow the frames to catch up and it dumped back to desktop with the message. I only made it .02% slower, gesh. The program is very well written and code is full of comments, thank you.

Was able to get 7744 @ one point, 7441 with 7.1 approved cats and the lastest (7.2s) are getting me 7537.

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/resultan...amp;UID=8097286

I am really interested in other ppls scores, if you are unfamilaur with 3dMark06 it can be downloaded here

http://www.futuremark.com/download/3dmark06/

Run it and post the link that it show you at the end.

• 3 weeks later...