MMORPG is WoW the best.

Sacred

Is WoW the Best MMORPG. I played EQ1 for about 2 1/2 years to this day I can't figure out why I played it so long. It was one of the worst gaming experiences I ever had. I played Guild Wars the first one for a little over a year got real bored with it stopped playing. Now I find myself wanting to get into the mmorpg world again. Is WoW still the best.

I know the step sons still play WoW all the time!! Not sure if either has tried EQ2. I know a couple of the guys at work tried D&D Online and after a couple weeks, went back to WoW again.

Shaggy and I just started playing Vanguard. It releases tomorrow, but since we pre-ordered, we are allowed to log in and start playing before anyone else.

VERY EQ-esque....a lot of things look and feel like EQ/EQ2. Questing is much better than WoW. Journal/personal stats/spellbook are a lot like WoW, too. I would say that the best feature of the game so far is that it's not cartoon-ish like WoW is. It looks a lot like EQ and Dark Age of Camelot. Graphics can use a bit of work, but that's about what we would expect from a new MMO. New GFX engines will come out for the game with future releases, just as they did with EQ and Dark Age.

Characters creation is so-so, but the character content (i.e. Spec's and Stats) are so vast that you can literally have a group of 8 Paladins that are all very different from each other and play different roles in the group. Pretty amazing, really.

I was following Vanguard for awhile but I lost interest somewhere. They still going to have the monthly fee for it?

I miss Guild Wars and still would like to get back into it. Thing is, I think that game is best enjoyed with friends. B)

Dragon

I was following Vanguard for awhile but I lost interest somewhere. They still going to have the monthly fee for it?

I miss Guild Wars and still would like to get back into it. Thing is, I think that game is best enjoyed with friends. B)

Dragon

I would agree guild wars is most enjoyed with friends. Thats reason I stopped playing guild wars. I have not heard much about Vanguard. What is the premise with Vanguard what are the quests like. Is it a memory hog or strain on the system like EQ.

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (PC)

"The problem with such a powerful graphics engine rendering a massive game world in real time is the hit you'll take on performance. And no matter how great your system, you will have to turn off some of these wonderful graphics options in order to get the game running at a playable frame rate. The machine I tested the game on is a dual core 3.2 GHz Dell XPS 600 running two GeForce 6800 video cards in SLI. I tried running the game at my monitor's native resolution 1900 x 1200, and I was barely getting five frames per second. I then turned off the shadows, and tweaked a few of the many different sliders, and got the game running at a passable clip. Nowhere near thirty frames per second, but playable. If I planned on playing Vanguard long-term, I would probably continue to scale-down the game's visuals, but at that point, it loses its luster. Vanguard can most definitely be one of the more attractive games available today, as the level of detail is incredible and the art direction is quite stunning, but today's gaming machines simply can't keep up with the game's actual requirements (the instruction manual clearly states that you're going to want 2 GB RAM and a GeForce 7800 or better to get turn on all the effects.)"

My current system is a Barton 3200+ on a PoS Gigabyte board, 1GB of unmatched DDR400 RAM, and a 9800XT. The game runs great on it. I don't meet the recommended specs, but I meet the minimum, and it's fine. Slight lag in the city or over-populated areas, but then again, Shaggy's computer does exactly the same thing, and his machine actually DOES meet the recommended specs. So I don't think I'm doing that bad....

Yes, there's a monthly fee. While I loved the fact that Guild Wars didn't have that subscription, I didn't know anyone that actually played it, and as you said, it's much better with friends....

Most of the quests can be done solo so far. I've gotten my monk up to level 8, and it's mostly from doing the numerous quests and tasks. Very good crafting system, too. They've made it so you can't macro craft, which will keep the market in good standing without flooding it with too much crap.

All-in-all I'm having a pretty good time with it.