When will a really revolutinary game come out?

heftysmurf

Yea, all the new games are cool, but I think the lan parties were more fun when we all played 1 game. Now we spend half the time trying to get things working right. Switching from one game to another usually requires some patch for compatability. When we just played UT, that wasnt an issue.

Games with vehicles could use a better control interface. Keyboard and mouse work better than any pad or joystick I've tried, but its too easy to hit a wrong key. Its no fun to accidentally hit the SLEEP key B)

But anyone who thinks the new games arent revolutionary games needs to go back and play Quake for a while. It was great when it was new, but seems ancient compared to UT :P

My goodness, if it isn't Wargasm himself. I had thought that U had fallen off the face of the earth w/ your general lack of presence as of late. So are U going to grace us w/ your presence @ the lan party in april? As for the games, we'll probably be pretty much playing ut2k4, farcry & possibily some bf.

So far no patches out for ut2k4 that I know of.

Farcry has a v1.1 patch out now.

Not sure about bf vietnam.

bf1942 dc 7 is still holding @ patch 1.619

Just make sure that U have all the needed files b4 the lan party & U should be able to just plug right in & play. I personally have never had such issues w/ connecting to the games due to me keeping up to date w/ the gaming "fixes" that are out & about. If U're not sure how to do that, being as OLD as U are, I would be happy to help ya B)

Anyway, have U finally moved to your new location yet OR not? Fire off an email to me & we'll talk.

-- Nem :P

• 1 month later...