Team WNYGamersClub on WCG

All the BFs are really picky about having programs that use idle time running and about dual cores. I reinstalled the lastest AMD dualcore optimizer and it helped a bit. But I nornamly just shut down BOINC and affinity BFs to one core.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just kidding about you having to shut it down to play BF2, rofl. What's the purpose of having dual core if you can't multitask. I can rip a cd, have wcg on both cores and play FEAR without stuttering.

I don't know, WCG and BF2 don't seem to like to work together. Unless I remember to set the affinity for WCG, BF2 has a hissy fit. I guess I could try and remember to just set the affinity but that's just too much work for me :) . :P

Dragon

• 1 month later...
Always trying to get me in trouble for hacking/cheating. Well, if you werent running WCG on a PII 400MHz laptop, you would get more results.

I am running it on 2 computers that are both clocked 2.2Mhz and one is a dualcore and both have 2Gb of RAM, also your benchmark is not any better then mine, but thaat thread was kinda old. Your beating ppl with quad zeon 2.8Ghz 's on daily scores.

I am lucky if I pull 8 or 10 and you are pulling 20.

You do have some interesting tweaks you have been asking about on the WGC Forums though.

I am lucky if I pull 8 or 10 and you are pulling 20.

You do have some interesting tweaks you have been asking about on the WGC Forums though.

ROFL, my main system avg 46/day...and that is with using it 6 hours/day playing BF2 or whatever. It's not a good day unless I break 70, I only have 25 today so far. I spent weeks researching and optimizing my settings. I created multiple profiles, tested for days, repeat/rinse.

Maybe someday you can come over, sit on my lap and I'll show you how to change the default settings. :post34:

Results returned are NOT a good benchmark, either you got lucky, or your skimming the easy ones off the top. Points Generated is where the meat hits the fan. I wish WCG did the same thing Seti does. Seti does not tell you how many results you've returned (as the time they take to complete varies), they only tell you the Points/cobblestones generated from your efforts.

Snippet from my WCG.cfg:

[snip]

exec downloadonlytheprojecttasksthatrequirelessthan25minutestoocomplete.bat

[/snip]

Bob is correct about the points. My points per day is only about 4600 for that system, but I have over 100 results pending other cruncher's results, so it'll be a little higher. The formula is complex that calculates it...somedays I'll receive more points that than max allocated for that task, other might be half.

Always trying to get me in trouble for hacking/cheating.

Bob is correct about the points. My points per day is only about 4600 for that system, but I have over 100 results pending other cruncher's results, so it'll be a little higher. The formula is complex that calculates it...somedays I'll receive more points that than max allocated for that task, other might be half.

I would call that cheating, but it is thier own damn fault (WCG) for letting ppl still pick off the easiest ones first.

The formula is complex that calculates it...somedays I'll receive more points that than max allocated for that task, other might be half.

Yeah, makes it difficult to reverse engineer. I wonder if they toss some randomness in it, as I've seen the same complaints at Seti for the approved/normal and user-optimized exe's.

I would call that cheating, but it is thier own damn fault (WCG) for letting ppl still pick off the easiest ones first.

You tell me how to pick off the easiest ones and I'll let you rank past me.

• 3 weeks later...