Team WNYGamersClub on WCG

Well, Team WNYGamesClub only has 3 members. That's pathetic imo. Everyone should at least signup even if are not going to run a server farm. I only have 1 computer on 24/7, but that yields 10 results a day. It's not noticably negative performance wise and is actually a good burnin for OC'ers. I recommend the BOINC client.

Comon, I dropped a Top 10 team for WNYG...let's GO GO GO!!

...and dont be intimidated by PurSuit's points, he only has a 400x point advantage on me currently for Team WNYG.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined, although it looks like PurSuiT has a nice lead atm. I already run BOINC at home, so should be easy to switch over.

Member Name Status Total Run Time Points Results Returned

ddragon64 01/13/2006 0:245:07:34:55 150,971 386

ParoxysM 01/17/2007 0:001:09:39:12 3,161 23

PurSuiT 11/17/2004 2:363:05:58:30 1,204,320 4,193

:brickwall: can't space it out to look pretty....

Bob, how many computers your house have on 24/7? 6?

Hmmmm, I have 3 myself, although the 3rd is down currently. Then there is bobsbrat's, the kids each have one, and there is the unix box that is down currently. Actually running 24/7, 5. Running SETI currently, 3.

Running seti: Opty dual core 2.8GHz, Athlon 64 Dual core 3800+ (stock 2.0GHz) and Opty single core 1.8GHz.

Bob switching form Seti? The little green men must have been found.

:brickwall:

I just realized I passed 1 million points, remember with boinc you can run server computers on the same signin.

I assume you meant "several" computers....

And yes, little green have been found.... They were elected into goverment and came down Jan 01 '07 B)

I got 94 results in 2.5 days, not too bad. Dragon will be surpassed by next weekend, lol.

Bastard, and I have 2 computers running it. I'd run my old box but my brother has it and has no net at his place. I'll have to figure something out so I stay ahead of the game(aka Paroxysm). :)

Dragon

I only have it running on 2 machines, but my home system pumps out a result every 30-35 minutes.

Dragon, how do you have it running on 2 machines and produce 0 results today? I have it on 2 and produced 66 results (50 from main rig). I bet you shut it down when playing BF2 to gain those extra 3 fps.

Edited by ParoxysM

Even though I set Boinc to use one core it still load balances between the 2, so if I forget to set the affinity before playing BF2, it gets a little choppy sometimes. I turn it off sometimes when I going into BF2, funny how its the only game it does it with(thank god for the coding wonders at EA). On top of that, on the gaming pc it'll only be on for maybe 5-6 hrs before I turn it off to play BF2.

And I need to update the server with Boinc which is using a AMD2000 Palamino. I have been thinking about upgrading the server to a low end Opty just for WCG. :)

Dragon

I was just kidding about you having to shut it down to play BF2, rofl. What's the purpose of having dual core if you can't multitask. I can rip a cd, have wcg on both cores and play FEAR without stuttering.

I have similar issue with BF2 (& 2142) and have to set the affinity. I think the only game I have that issue with is FlatOut2. Never tried suspending BOINC and trying the games that way..... :)