Generally I don't send anything in before receiving the new part. Some companies ask for a credit card beforehand incase you stiff on sending it back.

How do you get around the company wanting you to send in your MB for repair first then?

Generally I don't send anything in before receiving the new part. Some companies ask for a credit card beforehand incase you stiff on sending it back.

How do you get around the company wanting you to send in your MB for repair first then?

Ditto on ParoxysM statement, some companies will do the "give us your cc#" and we'll send it while you ship the old one back.

newegg with a memory RMA was about 2 weeks if my personal memory serves me correctly

damn I can't wait that long without a pc. I am already having NWN2 withdrawal. I have a bid in on a gigabyte board for 22.00

newegg with a memory RMA was about 2 weeks if my personal memory serves me correctly

damn I can't wait that long without a pc. I am already having NWN2 withdrawal. I have a bid in on a gigabyte board for 22.00

Sorry to hear about your Mobo issues BUT I would steer well clear of Gigabyte Mobo's, they tend to have one issue after the other. Epox is another brand I would avoid as well :)

My personal fav's are DFI & Asus, neither have done me wrong & they are excellent boards. :friends:

-- Nem

Sorry to hear about your Mobo issues BUT I would steer well clear of Gigabyte Mobo's, they tend to have one issue after the other. Epox is another brand I would avoid as well :)

My personal fav's are DFI & Asus, neither have done me wrong & they are excellent boards. :friends:

-- Nem

DFI does not make a 939/AGP m/b that he requires. Although Gigabyte is not my favorite brand either, if it works and lasts him a year, all would be good.

Thanks for the info but I think it is time I made the switch to SLI.

Dual 8800GTX's will be over $1000 just in vid cards and that would be the only SLi worth it right now through Vista! Can go CrossFire on the cheap!

Thats wayyyyyyyy over my budget. MY current gpu is a 6800 GS I will like to stay around the same performance or a little better. maybe 7800gs or a x1800xt. not sure which would be best way to go. not looking into upgrading right away. Wife told me in a month we will have maybe 250.00 for me.

x1950Pro beats out x1800XT in single card configs it also beats out 7800GS. From other reviews it blows both away in crossfire. 2 x1950Pro's beat 1 x1950XTX and are cheaper by $40 to $60 right now

Check this chart and compare cards

Does not have SLI and CrossFire modes on there but I would look at it before buying.

BTW a quality SLI or Crossfire motherboard even on the cheap will set you back a $100 or more.