EPOX-9NDA3J PROBLEMS WON'T BOOT

Sacred

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, If i can be so bold.... (covers for things being thrown by Nemesis) I think Nemesis has a spare socket 939 m/b that you might be able to convince him to try it out for you.

A lot of posts for 1 thread this morning :P

FF is the motherbaord attempting to boot, if it hangs at this point then the data path is broken. This can be pin pointed by one of those PCI diagnostics cards if you can't swap motherboard, CPU, RAM, etc.

FF is the motherbaord attempting to boot, if it hangs at this point then the data path is broken. This can be pin pointed by one of those PCI diagnostics cards if you can't swap motherboard, CPU, RAM, etc.

MB no longer under warranty I bought it in June of 2005. Bought 6800 GS in 02/08/06 Bought PSU sametime as MB too Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-450 450W Power Supply.

Edited by Sacred

Diag Card will just tell him FF on the LED panel, same as the MB does B) got one here at work, totally useless if the MB has one on it.

Yeah, lots of posts this morning!! :P

For giggles, you verify the 4-pin power connector is plugged back into the m/b?

Also, have you tried the alternate colored ram slots for the ram?

Looking at when you bought the vid card, def try another p/s

Yeah, lots of posts this morning!! B)

For giggles, you verify the 4-pin power connector is plugged back into the m/b?

Also, have you tried the alternate colored ram sockets for the ram?

FF error is not even getting to the RAM yet.

Does not help ya and would not want to wish this issue on anyone else, but I am kinda glad now to know that I am not the only one that this has happened. I really am not crazy. :P

Seems to be an even bigger issue on Epox boards when you search on the net.

This part here :The BIOS performs a power-on self-test (POST) when it starts up the system, to check out the PC and make sure that everything is working properly. Assuming that the BIOS is able to boot the system far enough to gain access to the video subsystem, it will display information about the PC as it boots. It will also use the video system to communicate error messages to the user. In fact, most boot problems are displayed via video error messages, as opposed to audio beep codes. :

is not taking place. the code FF is immediately displayed. The BIOS is not doing the POST.

main reason i dont buy tyan or ECS, im in agreement with the psu, mobo issue, maybe memory... or sadly maybe the video card but taht ussally gets an beep error code... 1 long beep then bunch of short beeps... just kinda strange.. but really sounds like the mobo

I got some more frig magnets for xmas

house230.jpg

Justr cleaned computer with some soap and water. Took motherboard out. threw it in bathtub cleaned it good. Looks like new now. then reseeded cpu video card and 1 stick mem. Still same issue. I guess need new board boo hoo.

Hmmm, washing it in water, is well, not something I would have ever considered doing. If water ever touched the board, you would need some serious heat and dry time before you should even attempt to hook up electricity to it!!

Reseating everything yes, try the cpu, mem and vid card in another pc yes.