Some of us found our new hobby today. Xmods

I saw these a long time ago, knew what they were all about but never paid attention to them. I was at Radio Shack getting a new battery for my cell, waiting for the guy helping me to get everything sorted out and I started looking at them. I'm totally hooked and I'm probably going to get one or two or ehm.... anywho.

Funny thing is I have a pro rc car that cost 4x as much for just the car and I haven't touched it since I was 12. Nice thing is I can race it around my house (or B.Ob.'s basement B) ) unlike the other car. So I'll buy one so that I can put it next to my other rc car in a couple months. B)

Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

ParoxysM, has that car been on the road? I swear I've seen that driving around before.

And I thought playing a driving game with a keyboard was a sin but leaving that car in your garage is more of a sin B) . If your garage is heated and you let my drive it once in awhile, I'll come over during the winter and get it running again. Tinkering with Xmods is one thing but getting to tinker with the real thing is soooo much better. B)

Dragon

Think ParoxysM has you beat on the expense of his hobby. Then again his fell apart years ago and has never been back together.

ParoxysM has not put it back together yet cause he is afraid you'll drive it.... B)

ParoxysM, has that car been on the road? I swear I've seen that driving around before.

And I thought playing a driving game with a keyboard was a sin but leaving that car in your garage is more of a sin B) . If your garage is heated and you let my drive it once in awhile, I'll come over during the winter and get it running again. Tinkering with Xmods is one thing but getting to tinker with the real thing is soooo much better. B)

Dragon

Those pics are a couple years old when I swapped out the '72 455HO after the block/heads cracked (damn NOS). I still have 'em if you need a good boat anchor. This pic is before it blew up:

paros_car.jpg

It's hard trying to find parts locally and have had bad experiences with people that think a Pontiac is a Chevy. I've had to return engine bolts, push rods, etc. Actually, I still have the bolt kit sitting in my basement.

I've looked everywhere to find a smaller version of my car. Hot Wheels, Mattel, etc. dont make my exact vehicle - 67 firebird. They all make the 68 and 69 firebirds/trans ams with kewl ram air hoods :)

You can stop over some day and check it out. It does need some electrical work still. Batteries are currently dead, gimme a day to trickle charge 'em.