July Frag Shack Monthly

For anyone that was interested in coming to the Frag Shack monthly LAN, the directions are available on their website at ShaggysFragShack.com.

The May LAN Event will be on Friday the 23rd at 6pm. You can show up any time after 5:30 if you would like to get a head start on installing games. Everyone should bring $5.00 for pizza and wings for dinner, as well as bring any....'extra drink' that they would like. The games have finally been decided upon:

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Battlefield Vietnam

Unreal 2K4

Due to the problems that will always arise, if there are any issies, we will have F.E.A.R. available for our contingency plan...

If you cannot get the F.E.A.R. updater to work, we have the incremental patches to 1.04 available as well.

The games are fun, the atmosphere is great, and the frags are plentiful!

We love to see new faces around the place, so let us know if you're interested. Please RSVP to lanmanagement@shaggysfragshack.com or respond in this thread if you're planning to attend so we can get a headcount. Hope to see you there!!

• 3 weeks later...
Due to some technical mishaps, there has been a change in the format for the July LAN Event.  Please visit the forums and cast your vote for this month's game linup if you plan on attending.

Voting closes tonight, so vote if your going like I did!

Final tally for the votes:

Call of Duty 2

Far Cry

F.E.A.R.

All of these are available at the LAN if you need them, but it is best to install prior, just so you're not left with your face in the dirt and a bullet in your brain. Feel free to contact me if you need anything or want a copy in advance!

Original on CoD2 and Far Cry, 1.04 is the last one that I tested for F.E.A.R., but I'll see if 1.05 works before the LAN.

:P no HDR with the original unpatched Far Cry.... Oh well, guess I will suck it up.

Let me see if I can get the patch to work, and I'll let you know, B.Ob. :)

I will load up FarCry on my PC and leave the patch uninstalled on my desktop.

F.E.A.R. patch 1.06, Far Cry patch 1.33, and Call of Duty 2 patch 1.0 (that means there isn't one installed, silly....)

Everything works, all of the patches you need are on my shared folder if you need them at the LAN.

See you there!!

Edited by Buckett

We got flooded this early morning!! Ugh! Been doing the "flood cleanup" dance today.

I hope to still be there tonight, but will probably have to leave at 10:30-11:00pm.

You look a little upset walking down the street with the plumber boots...

Yeah, not a good day!! But at least I made it out to game!! :)