new ABit NF7/NF7-S v2 BIOS

B.Ob.

They are up to BIOS 21 now. BIOS download page here.

Additions:

- Added fan speed monitor support in the nVidia System Utility.

- Updated SATA BIOS to version 4.2.43.

- BIOS compile date: 12/01/2003.

Hey PurSuiT, you are running BIOS 20, right? I'm still running 18 myself.

I'm running 2 of them, the NF7 for the game server, and the NF7-S for my system.

I think PurSuit had issues with BIOS 19. and I'm curious about the "Updated SATA BIOS to version 4.2.43.", thinking maybe the Serillel 2 adapter might work properly now for my CDRW and DVD drive.

Hey Dragon, do the capacitors look ok? None of them bloated or leaking?

I'm running 2 of them, the NF7 for the game server, and the NF7-S for my system.

I think PurSuit had issues with BIOS 19. and I'm curious about the "Updated SATA BIOS to version 4.2.43.", thinking maybe the Serillel 2 adapter might work properly now for my CDRW and DVD drive.

Yeah I had issues with 19 on my rev 2.0 board and now I am running 20. Dude that sit next to me at work has rev 1.2 of the board and he had to reinstall his OS after appling ver 21, he has gone back to 18. Wonder if that was cuz it updates the sata controller!?!?!

Yeah I had issues with 19 on my rev 2.0 board and now I am running 20. Dude that sit next to me at work has rev 1.2 of the board and he had to reinstall his OS after appling ver 21, he has gone back to 18. Wonder if that was cuz it updates the sata controller!?!?!

Hmmm, curious!! Since he had to, did he HAVE to go back to 18 to reinstall? Or did he re-flash back to 18 to try and get the system back up? I see my NF7 is still running BIOS 17, ack!! :unsure: Also, just curious if he got a blue screen at boot or what did happen?

I'm having a voltage problem with the fan for the north bridge on my mobo so... 

If its a voltage issue, try plugging the fan into the PS. I have 3-4 pin adapters if you need one. I'll be in town in the next day or 2. 

That's no problem Wargasm. Its no big deal to me. I'll be getting the NF-7 at the end of Feb. so just as long as it lasts till then, which it should. I've got one more 40mm fan to go just in case. :unsure:

Dragon

I'm having a voltage problem with the fan for the north bridge on my mobo so... 

If its a voltage issue, try plugging the fan into the PS. I have 3-4 pin adapters if you need one. I'll be in town in the next day or 2. 

That's no problem Wargasm. Its no big deal to me. I'll be getting the NF-7 at the end of Feb. so just as long as it lasts till then, which it should. I've got one more 40mm fan to go just in case. :unsure:

Dragon

Spend the extra $2 to $5 bux and get the Abit AN7 B)

:P Awww, man....Cant do that, thats 2 cups of coffee.

Actually Pursuit, you should post the specs, show the differences. Maybe its not worth the extra $2-5 :unsure:

Yea man, we should get a little more technical on the System Config board...after all, we are techs. The rest of the world could learn a lot from us.....hehe B)

Basically the aBit Abit AN7 is a slightly enhanced NF7-S (which added firewire, SoundStorm [5.1 dolby], and more overclocking options in the BIOS over the NF7)

The AN7 just has a slightly different layout and has the uGuru chip on it, which is an upgrade from the Winbond chip in the NF7 series. uGuru just has a GUI front so you can overclock, read temps, etc from windows directly. (looks pretty)

I know Dragon is kinda particular with his audio, doing his own recordings, etc. so the Soundstorm, which I love over my SB-live, is the only onboard sound I'd ever consider, but then I just play games and watch movies :unsure: The firewire is kinda handy if you ever consider getting a 1394 device, movie camera, etc.

Hey Dragon, does your current m/b have USB 2.0? as I know the NF7 does....