3 years in buffalo never knew about WNYG

so I'm a student at Canisius College... and a hardcore gamer. You would think after being in buffalo for nearly 3 years I would have heard about WNYG and all these frag fests, sadly it never even occured to me to look.

I'm planning on transferring my pc innards to an SFF case (as im from cleveland and wanted something that travelled a little easier between home and school), and the SFF got me thinkin about LAN parties, and a quick search on google for "buffalo Lan party" found you guys pretty fast. If only I had known sooner...

Oh well I'm looking forward to coming to the events and gettin my frag on :wub:

Welcome!! We've tried to make ourselves as visible as possible... What do you enjoy playing?

If only we could get a flyer put inside a Quake 4 box, or similar. :wub:

I told 'em to buy flyers up @ the college 2 years ago...

We did put flyers up at the colleges 2 years ago. :wub: But if you are not a student and they do not have the offices stamp of approval on them (form what we found @ the ECCs and @ UB), they get riped down as fast as you can put them up. :P :P

either way, Rex welcome and hope to see you at a few events.

Welcome!! We've tried to make ourselves as visible as possible... What do you enjoy playing?

If only we could get a flyer put inside a Quake 4 box, or similar. :wub:

right now im huge into BF2, and am also a big fan of America's Army. I also loved Rise of nations but it was hard as balls to get a good game going online. I'll pretty much play anything that is fun ha. Haven't had much time to game lately tho, as I'm studying abroad in Ireland and only have my laptop with me...

gaming at Canisius (at least online) is a real pain as they employ packet shaping and throttle the ports used by games, but I was recently told I may be able to get my Adelphia powerlink from home transferred to my College apartment (since the college uses Adelphia cable tv)... which if it works out means I should be in bandwidth bliss when I return in the fall :P

Hopefully I can drive up for one of the summer LAN events this summer which would be sa-weet.

Glad to see that U found us Rex^Luporum, we look forward to seeing U join us hopefully in the near future. BF2 is definitely alot of fun, just stay away from Pursuit, he's kind of a Quake4 addict right now & will try to convert U asap!! :P

Actually, quake4 isn't all that bad either, it's just alot of fun to pick on him. Have U tried playing FEAR & Serious Sam 2 yet? They are alot of fun as well.

Do U like playing any RTS games? I'm enjoy playing The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 1 & 2.

What else do U dabble in for games?

-- Nem

Yeah Nem likes to dress up as a Hobit when he plays Lord of the Rings. :P

Pursuit, I don't think that even in your wildest, sickenly erotic dreams could I EVER qualify as being a Hobbit. Now I'm sure if U ask Tecboy, he could dress up as a Hobbit for U :evil:

And while you're at it, feel free to dress up as a Hobbit yourself if U think it'll help U challenge me in LOTR 1 or 2 :P

-- Nem

BF2 is the latest shooter that I've played.. Q4, FEAR, CoD 2, etc. are all games I'd love to give a whirl, but I'm not sure how my A64 3200+ and x800 pro will fair with them... I'm one of those gamers that HATES to play the new gen games with the eye candy throttled back :D , but if they're as popular for multiplayer as it seems I may have to suck it up and just dial the graphix down :WTF:

I was big into RTS games for awhile, but outside of RoN none have really captivated me in a while... I was a big fan of Praetorians (if anyone played that), but there was NO post release support so sadly it died pretty fast...

I'm also a big sim guy, was a huge fan of Tie fighter back in the day and the MW2 games... played MW4 online for a long while but it's gotten fairly long in the tooth and sadly it doesn't look like there will be a new one anytime soon

The love of sims is probably why I'm a big helo pilot whore in BF2 hehe

so what are the more popular games at the LAN parties? Q4?

PurSuit plays FEAR and such with an x850. Seems to run well with it, you'd have to ask him what everything is set to on his machine though. Q4 runs great on a 9800 so I see no prob there.

As of late, the more popular games seem to be; Q4, FEAR, BFME2, BF2. :WTF:

Dragon

I was big into RTS games for awhile, but outside of RoN none have really captivated me in a while... I was a big fan of Praetorians (if anyone played that), but there was NO post release support so sadly it died pretty fast...

If U liked RoN, they U should have no issues w/ getting your game on playing "Lord of the Rings 2: Battle for Middle Earth". It's a total BLAST to play. I highly suggest chking it out, there's plenty of demo's out for it.

Honestly Rex^Luporum, U using an x800 video card should have no issues @ all playing the games Dragon & I mentioned, they run perfectly fine on my Radeon 9800 Pro on a non-64bit system, so U already have the edge on me there. Throw them on your rig & enjoy the show.

-- Nem

PurSuit plays FEAR and such with an x850. Seems to run well with it, you'd have to ask him what everything is set to on his machine though. Q4 runs great on a 9800 so I see no prob there.

He plays @ 320x240 with the mipmap in smear mode.

As of late, the more popular games seem to be; Q4, FEAR, BFME2, BF2. :WTF:

Dragon

I have no issues run FEAR with almost everything on high, the game came out when the x850 was the highest end card you could get. Same goes for Q4, I run everything high, can not goup to the ultra high setting as the cards only got 256Mb. The x850XT is about 2/3 more card then the 9800Pro and only 1/4 less then the x1800XT, unless a game supports SM3.0 there is no real prefomrmace over the x1800s.