Empire at War

Conan4Life

Alright been busy with a move and been camped out at my parents house till all is g2g again but had some time to binge on this game

the game it self is desent, its no command and conqure but solid for what it was built for.

the mix of 2d space combat .... space to ground assault and then thow darth vader and the empeor in with light sabers just rocks. the combat kinda does have a rock paper scissors feel to it sadily and no real good FMV and some sad endings to the campaign. the campain itself is playable with its own get this charater here so they can run a mission or take this planet to stop that and as ypou compleat objectives tech levels open up

the lack of resource management other that "i own this planet, it gives me money" is really cool point... better than watching robots cut down trees.

but good game and the cinimatic view roxors the soxors

Yeah, I've been playing it pretty steadily since I got it. It is pretty simple for a rts game. The rock, paper, scissors thing is kind of weird at first but it gets you to think before you send that SD in to its death against a Mon Cruiser.

Whatever you do, don't use the Auto-Resolve for any battle. It makes sense in how they set it up to work. Thing is, the way a normal battle would lpay out is not how the Auto-Resolve figures things. :blink:

Dragon

Major EAW Update

"Patch 1.03 is nearing the final phase of testing and we are expecting it to be released next week. The patch contains a wide array of updates and fixes resulting from feedback we have received from the community. Most importantly, connectivity issues should be greatly reduced. Along with fixes and tweaks made to the net code, we’ve added a new feature that will allow the host to “Test Connections” before the game launches to ensure connectivity is 100%. You may have also noticed some changes to the Star Wars: Empire at War GameSpy portal pages. We're revamping the ladders artistically as well as adding a few new stats to both the ladders and player profiles including disconnects/ out of syncs, favorite side, favorite ladder, best win streak and worst loss streak. Check them out when the patch goes live!"