BF to get Punkbuster

B.Ob.

"In response to the #1 request from the community, DICE & EA are proud to announce the inclusion of anti-cheat measures in the next patch for Battlefield 1942. The Battlefield team is committed to providing an exploit-free gaming environment for members of our community. Our goal is to have measures in place which address both current and future cheats. As such, after researching existing anti-cheat programs, we've determined that Punkbuster™ suits our purposes perfectly. We'll keep everyone updated as to our progress. For now, we have successfully integrated Punkbuster into the upcoming 1.6 patch and we're in the process of testing it."

Its all here.

I was wondering how quickly they would get a new "Patch" out w/ the problems the last one was having. That is cool that they are including the Anti-Cheat prog. What's sad is that people actually believe they have to cheat to play games like this. That to me just totally kills the experience. Just play the game as it is & enjoy it. If U don't like what happens, then don't play it. That seems simple enough to me.

-- Nem

hmmm... they already have anti cheat software built in to it. If you run a server and use BF Server Manger there is an option to "allow modded dll"

Only thing is that with that option turned off you can not play any mods nor use and no cd patches. Wonder what this means to the mod commuity? They have to register there mods with EA?

I have an interweb friend that currently works for Blizzard...he would beta tons of games before they were released due to having odd hardware configuration (VooDoo 6000) and would write his own glide wrappers to hack the games. Some of the conversations we had in icq were amazing...that reminds me, I haven't reinstalled icq since I put on XP. If he has a copy of BF, he probably altered it to some degree. I haven't spoke to him in well over a year...I wonder :ph34r:

...that reminds me, I haven't reinstalled icq since I put on XP....

Ack!! :ph34r: Have you tried Trillian?! I havn't used ICQ host pgm in quite some time, but hated it tremendously....

P.S. Interesting stuff in the rest of your msg... :ph34r:

I tried Trillian when it came out years ago, but I wasnt able to import my icq dbs, so I gave up. Maybe Ill check it out again.

The new ver of Trillian rocks. It does a good job of importing your contact list from the exsisting services that U have from the appropriate providers. In terms of importing from a list U have on your PC, I haven't seen that option yet. It more or less grabs the list from the providers.

Trillian can be found HERE

Enjoy!!

-- Nem B)