April's LAN Party Extravaganza

B.Ob.

Newest patches for everything!! I'd scour for the patch versions, but I'm busy formatting my newest system.

Sacred, see its not a bad thing to format. Toss on a couple of the biggest games you have if you get a chance before hand.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is the list of games that have been voted on by the signups for the April LAN

1 - Battle Field 2

2 - Call of Duty 2

3 - Counter Strike: Source

4 - Unreal Tournament 2004

5 - HalfLife 2: DM

6 - Battle Field 1942

7 - Quake 4

8 - F.E.A.R

9 - FlatOut

10 - Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Remeber not all games maybe played from this list and that this list is only for the purpose for gauging what might be played. BF2 and Q4 are almost a given. HL2 DM, CoD 2 and FlatOut are a real possiblity. The rest will depend on who has what installed with the lasted patches.

Yes, I'm quite surprised we didn't play either!!! Sounds like a plan for the May lan!

Everything seemed to go well once we got people into FEAR and BF2, we got 10 to 14 ppl going most of the night. Patching was a mess when you got 3 version of the game that all need 3 different patch versions, half the ppl showed up without at least 3 to 4 games from the top 10 list updated to the latest patches. Chaos is bound to in sue with most ppl being unperpared and I was not about to waste the whole time installing games and patches for ppl like I had done in the past, as all games on the top 10 I had installed and ready to go. All in all though we did get a solid 3 to 4 hours of FEAR DM going and a couple hours of BF2, specially at the end of the night when we scraped doing ET and went with BF2. I also got to play CSS for 30 to 40 mins for the first time at a LAN ever to bad it was right in the beginning when I was also helping setup and ppl that we could have gotten in did not get steam fully updated until later.

All in all I think it went off well. Would like to send out a thanks from myself and the staff to all that attended. I hope all will attend again and that any issues or concerns will be posted in order for us to address them.

On a side note, we are looking at doing a larger 24 hour long event for this next quarter, the 2nd weekend in July and are looking for general volunteers, servers and tournament admins… etc… Anyone interested please email organizer@wnygamersclub.com. Other LAN groups are welcome and encouraged to join in and prompt their groups. We will have more details posted soon on the LAN itself and signup to follow.

Thanks again!

Again, I would like to thank ALL that attended, we had a GREAT TIME. With the exception of FEAR not wanting to update to patch 1.03 for me, which I've now resolved, thanx in no part to some questionable programming of the patch, everything else went smoothly. I felt mucho better being able to vent in BF2, much to the dismay of the poor souls who kept finding themselves flying thru the air thanx to my C4!! I know Dragon, who was on my team, was enjoying the show!!

-- Nem :)

Yea, thanx for evening the teams up... :spank:

Yeah, whatever team I was on, I probably didn't help much since I suck at BF2. Unless the goal is to die alot!

Lol @ B.Ob.

The high score on my team was me with 7.

It's hard to win against ranked players when I just started playing a week ago and can't bind half the keys I want. Plus PursuiT is dropping bombs on my spawn point every couple minutes.

Lol @ B.Ob.

It's hard to win against ranked players when I just started playing a week ago and can't bind half the keys I want. Plus PursuiT is dropping bombs on my spawn point every couple minutes.

hehehe

and I am not even that good at being the General.

Lol @ B.Ob.

hehehe

and I am not even that good at being the General.

stuf2cmp.jpg

Pictures will be up soon. Hopefully there will be a video for this one also....