Xbox 360 backwards compatibility list

ellilion

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardco...tygameslist.htm

plus a Q&A on backwards compatiblity

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardco...atibilityqa.htm

one nice thing is all the current xbox games will look better on the 360 too, hehe, thanks to HD and AA

Xbox.com: Will there be any benefits to playing original Xbox games on my Xbox 360 console?

Todd: Absolutely. One of the great things about gaming on Xbox 360 is the satisfaction of knowing that every game will be playable in high definition. We are now proud to reveal that this extends to the original Xbox games as well. Every original Xbox game will be upscaled to 720p and 1080i, and will take advantage of Xbox 360’s anti-aliasing capabilities, delivering a picture that is clearer and crisper than anything available on Xbox.

:cheer:

Wow, nice!! With the PS3 12 months away yet, that gives MS all kinds of time to build a base of customers and games!!! Although it sounds like games will be few at launch for the 360.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/the-...tles-136722.php

well 16-18 titles for launch is better than most.

with 5-10 more before year end, it looks like a bunch will hit between jan and feb. too

I'm just suprised DoA 4, Elder Scrolls 4, and FF XI aren't making launch.

But at least there's a few games to look forward too.

I pre-ordered mine a few months ago but not sure when I'll get my 360, doesn't look like I'll make the first shipment.

And they haven't said when I'll be getting mine yet

:unsure:

Open wide.....

Inside Microsoft's Xbox 360

"With less than a week to go before the retail availability of Xbox 360 consoles, we got our hands on one to give it the usual AnandTech once-over. And take it apart of course."

I wish I could of but have to work today, my pre-order isn't expected till the middle of january. Which blows :( It sucks cause I pre-ordered almost 4 months ago.This reminds me of the PS2 launch, I also heard rumors microsoft cut the launch stock down just so it could say it sold out on launch day. But if they don't get more consoles in the stores quick it will kill them for christmas, no one is gonna buy games/controllers/etc. for a console they can't get. :flush:

:WTF: :WTF: :WTF:

Microsoft's Red-Ink Game

"An up-close look at the components and other materials used in the high-end version of the Xbox 360, which contains a hard drive, found that the materials inside the unit cost Microsoft $470 before assembly. The console sells at retail for $399, meaning a loss of $71 per unit -- and that is just the start."

Ok, I'm idiot, just noticed the link is the same as ParoxysM's