Bad Blue, USB Meows & Worm Sim

The USB drive that meowed

Nice gimmick.... I think....

Backlash Brews Over Blue LEDs

"When Australian applications consultant Martin Pot bought an LCD monitor last December, he got an unwanted extra: a dazzlingly bright blue LED, or light-emitting diode, just below the screen. Pot found the LED "distracting" and "annoying," and finally resorted to covering it up just to get some work done."

Symantec Research Labs Creates New Worm Simulator

"When a new worm spreads around the world, people want to know if they are protected. How fast is it? How does it spread? A new simulation program developed by Symantec Research Labs not only has the answers, it also provides pictures."

Pot found the LED "distracting" and "annoying," and finally resorted to covering it up just to get some work done.
Yeah, I'm screwed when I turn my pc on, I never get anything done.

"Consumers also feel blue LEDs provide a more high-tech look, and associate the blue LED with high-end products."

I must have the most kick ass pc around then.

Some researchers report that, at night, even low-level blue light may be enough to trigger recently discovered receptors in the retina that can depress melatonin production, disrupt sleep patterns and suppress the immune system.
No wonder why I haven't slept in the past year.

McCracken

Hehe, cracken'. :lol:

Dragon