Something To Think About

Dragon

Keep this in mind if you plan on using any hacks to cheat at an online game... :rolleyes:

You Are An...

Dragon

Ah yes, that is very true. I have to say though that when U are taking on someone who is cheating, such as using what are known as "AimBots", it is very satisfying to beat them when U aren't using one yourself b/c U KNOW that they are super pissed that they lost b/c they were "cheating" to begin with. I've never seen this but I have heard of people actually enabling "God" mode in UT when playing multiplayer. That is just SAD & majorly pathetic. Cheating simply takes away from the fun of a "true" multiplayer experience.

OK, I'm done now & will step off Dragon's podium ( just don't tell him that I was using it!! ) :lol:

-- Nem :lol:

You using my podium again Nem? That's ok. First times a freebie, after that I have to start charging you per use.

I heard about the Battlefield hacks and went looking for them and that's how I found that link. Since I play BF a lot I like to know what I'm up against. So, I found a hack that had all of them in one and played for about a half hour with it. Now that I've used it, its easy to tell when others are. Yesterday I played for about 12 hours :rolleyes: and I found three people using it and got them banned from one of the servers I always play on.

EA just needs to install punkbuster into the next patch and that'll put an end to everything. :lol:

Dragon

punkbuster? Isn't that used in Q3 or Counterstrike?

/updated

Its used in quite a few programs: Punkbuster

"...Even Balance, Inc. spearheads the effort to fight cheating in the online multiplayer gaming industry. Our flagship product, PunkBuster™, spawned the Anti-Cheat movement in online gaming several years ago and was the first system proven effective against cheating in online games."

Hmmm, not sure exactly, but they are in these programs: (from the main page)

Latest PB Versions Server Client

America's Army v1.053 v1.049 A1319

Enemy Territory v1.038 v1.040 A1319

Quake III Arena v1.051 v1.034 A1319

Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield v1.039 v1.039 A1314

Return to Castle Wolfenstein v1.041 v1.047 A1319

Soldier of Fortune II v1.041 v1.046 A1319