Game Day Today!!

B.Ob.

Sorry to those that won't be able to make it, there are 11 people here already.

HL2:DM, FarCry and UT2k4 servers are ready to rumble....

They will be made public as we progress thru the day/night.....

Check back here!!!

FarCry v1.3 server, same ip: 69.161.66.61

Hmmm, strange w/ Tribes, Port forward is unchanged since last lan when someone came in from outside...

Crap, it says my cd-key is in use when attempting to connect. I q0wn the game. How can I manually check/change my key??

I was able to connect to the Tribes server, but yous were already out of it...

Hmmm, thats kinda wierd.... :P

Many are playing TOCA Race Driver 2 now!!

(I gotta pick this up for the next one!)

Also some DoomsDayHQ :D

The problems we were all (with one exception) having with Steam earlier, glad to see it just wasn't us, grrr. Steam Users Steamed

KrunchTime writes "The Steam network seems to be having some problems tonight. This is not good new for fans of counter-strike, day of defeat and other half-life mods. Some people seem to be able to log on fine while others, like me :P, cannot connect at all. The steam forums were filling up with invective when I was last able to get on. The forums now seem to have imploded under the strain of complaints. The question that was being asked most is why there isn't more redundancy on the log-in side of steam. They say that if one of the master servers goes down that the accounts held there become unavailable immediately. The other big problem is that while the Steam network is down even the offline games are unplayable. There was no sign of responses from Valve staff or forum moderators."

Also some DoomsDayHQ :)

The problems we were all (with one exception) having with Steam earlier, glad to see it just wasn't us, grrr. Steam Users Steamed

KrunchTime writes "The Steam network seems to be having some problems tonight. This is not good new for fans of counter-strike, day of defeat and other half-life mods. Some people seem to be able to log on fine while others, like me :D, cannot connect at all. The steam forums were filling up with invective when I was last able to get on. The forums now seem to have imploded under the strain of complaints. The question that was being asked most is why there isn't more redundancy on the log-in side of steam. They say that if one of the master servers goes down that the accounts held there become unavailable immediately. The other big problem is that while the Steam network is down even the offline games are unplayable. There was no sign of responses from Valve staff or forum moderators."

Even though I was one of the lucky few NOT to have issues getting HL2 to play, this non-sense w/ the Steam client needing to authenicate b4 U can play ANY of the games is going way too far. How is it fair to the user to NOT be able to play a Valve game due to issues w/ Valve servers, your ISP being down & what nots. Valve may think they have a good thing going here w/ their Steam client to help cut down on piracy, but to make others suffer b/c of it, that is unexceptable. I would really enjoy seeing this escalating into a courtroom battle & Valve getting racked over the coals for this.

OK, I'm done ranting now :P

-- Nem

Guest Major_Chaos
Even though I was one of the lucky few NOT to have issues getting HL2 to play, this non-sense w/ the Steam client needing to authenicate b4 U can play ANY of the games is going way too far.  How is it fair to the user to NOT be able to play a Valve game due to issues w/ Valve servers, your ISP being down & what nots.  Valve may think they have a good thing going here w/ their Steam client to help cut down on piracy, but to make others suffer b/c of it, that is unexceptable.  I would really enjoy seeing this escalating into a courtroom battle & Valve getting racked over the coals for this. 

OK, I'm done ranting now  :P

-- Nem

maybe we could RAKE them over the coals also. How's the voice today?

The voice came back briefly today & has since been gone again. I'm so SICK of this "No Voice" non-sense. :bonk:

At least I was able to provide countless hours of comic relief @ my expense for the rest of U yesterday.

Oh yeah, BAWLS rocks. I love that drink!! Gotta have more, more, more!!!!!!

-- Nem

Also some DoomsDayHQ :)

KrunchTime writes "The Steam network seems to be having some problems tonight. This is not good new for fans of counter-strike, day of defeat and other half-life mods. Some people seem to be able to log on fine while others, like me :(, cannot connect at all. The steam forums were filling up with invective when I was last able to get on. The forums now seem to have imploded under the strain of complaints. The question that was being asked most is why there isn't more redundancy on the log-in side of steam. They say that if one of the master servers goes down that the accounts held there become unavailable immediately. The other big problem is that while the Steam network is down even the offline games are unplayable. There was no sign of responses from Valve staff or forum moderators."

Even though I was one of the lucky few NOT to have issues getting HL2 to play, this non-sense w/ the Steam client needing to authenicate b4 U can play ANY of the games is going way too far. How is it fair to the user to NOT be able to play a Valve game due to issues w/ Valve servers, your ISP being down & what nots. Valve may think they have a good thing going here w/ their Steam client to help cut down on piracy, but to make others suffer b/c of it, that is unexceptable. I would really enjoy seeing this escalating into a courtroom battle & Valve getting racked over the coals for this.

OK, I'm done ranting now B)

-- Nem

I can log back into Steam now.... :):P:D

Found this on Steam Users Forums this morning: (about halfway down)

"OK OK Varsity I'll say something.

A back end system apparently had "issues". All patched up now.

The forums have been crappy because of the huge traffic load from users and from being mentioned on http://www.slashdot.org - turning off Search seems to have taken care of the load issue for now. We'll turn it back on tomorrow when it's a bit quieter."

Doomsday was played, and i missed it  :P

shoot me now

didnt have any steam issues on sat, was playing on my clan server most of the day

Crazy Steam issues at the LAN, no HL2:DM cuz only 2 ppl could get in. Everything seems to be working now. PPL where playing Doom but could not get the server connections to work correctly, going to look into it some more before the next LAN