Bf 1942: Secret Weapons Of Wwii

Just in case SW JK: Jedi Academy wasn't enough for the forth-coming LAN party, this hits the shelves this week: BF 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII

I am definitely looking forward to this. I really enjoyed playing bf1942 @ the last lan party. Of course my time there was that much better since I was shooting Tecboy down so much w/ the anti-aircraft guns!!! Another fun thing to do is to drive jeeps & motorcycles into tanks ;-)

-- Nem B)

Hmmmm, sounds like the relic of redemption to me... ;)

Relic of Redemption huh?! That's something that your "significant" other can relate to ;)

She was good @ carrying those around when I happened to be in the area w/ her :lol:

-- Nem B)

I'm wondering how powerful that V1 rocket will be in Secret Weapons of WW2 pack... That should surely wipe out a crowd!!! maybe after I get my computer back up and working tmrw, I run out and get it.

A relic of redemption would be cool, but in BF1942, I keep wanting a translocator.that would sure help when some starts blasting you with a gun, or get out of the way of arial bombs :lol:

Yeah, a Translocator would be cool but would definitely "unbalance" the gameplay that bf1942 was designed for. Of course, being able to walk around w/ a "mini-nuke" strapped to your back would be cool, if not suicidal. That would bring a whole new lvl of gameplay to it just TRYING to sneak in a base w/ the single objective of going BOOM ;)

-- Nem

• 2 weeks later...

The game is also missing subs...probably have them in the next version. They show them in the background while the board is loading on a few. THat would be cool, hitting Nemesis with a missile from under the water.

Now that I know the game a little better, maybe I can hold my own. Takes a few tricks....like knowing where to hit the tank so the bazooka takes it out in one shot :)

I thought the same thing. But there are subs when playing some of the levels that take place in the Pacific and just like real subs you can not see any thing once under water lower then the periscope so you have to rely on sonar which is kind of boring unless you have max (64) ppl playing, which makes for a lot of boats and other subs to target. So looks like we need to get a 64 person LAN party scheduled.

A 64 person lan party Pursuit?! B.Ob. is gonna need a BIGGER house, not to mention a Power Generator of his own just to keep up w/ the power demands. Then again, he'll need more networking equipment, preferrably Giga switches. Ok B.Ob., U heard the man, start getting all of this together for the NEXT lan party!!! :)

-- Nem B)

p.s. -- Make ALL donations payable to me as I'm sure B.Ob. will need just a "little" financial backing on this venture. This would make a great excuse to put together the "NTAC Cyber Cafe"!!