Will the PC meet it's match soon?

I found this to be an excellent read. It will be interesting to see if all of this can take off as sited in the article. I especially like this statement...

Cell is going to turn the industry upside down, nobody has ever produced such a leap in performance in one go and certainly not at a low price. The CPU producers will be forced to fight back and irrespective of how well the Cell actually does in the market you can be sure that in a few short years all CPUs will be providing vastly more processing resources than they do today. Even if the Cell was to fail we shall all gain from it's legacy.

Not all companies will react correctly or in time, this will provide opportunities for newer, smaller and smarter companies. Big changes are coming, they may take years but the Cell means a decade from now the technology world is going to look very different.

-- Nem

after glanceing though it,the cell, looks to be a good server platform but i gotta see action to see the output- side vissually... a hybrid of cell prossessing with the addition of a gpu may be absoute awsome. with out the knowlege of how a cell can be programed and the bus speed that it acessess memory may be the bottleneck.

theoryis solid, this should be cool :P