ATI Catalyst 5.1 Drivers

They compare 4.11, 4.12 & 5.1's:

Catalyst 5.1 Performance Analysis

"While the latest drivers aren’t a huge increase in performance they do help with Half Life 2 quite a bit but with this said the performance we have seen from the 4.12s was plenty and well and truly give us a playable frame rate."

I just reformated but haven't gotten to load any games on to see. The screen flicker I was getting every 20 minutes or so is gone now. Hope to have a couple games back on by this weekend so I can see any performance increases. :lol:

Dragon

ATi Catalyst 3,2 - 5,1 driver comparison

Site I think is in German, so the translation can be alittle off but that Half Life 2 frame rate ParoxysM post is interesting as per this site they can nolonger test the 5.1 driver

"Note: The values of the Catalyst 5,1 are missing so far, since due to some updates the time demo used by Half Life 2 does not function any longer."

Also wonder what card they are testing it on as this reviews frame rate are alot lower on the 4.11 and 4.12

Also wonder what card they are testing it on as this reviews frame rate are alot lower on the 4.11 and 4.12

From the article: Test environment:

AMD Athlon XP Thoroughbred @ 2308 MHz (209x11)

Abit Nf7-s Rev. 2,0 (nVidia nForce2 400 Ultra) @ BIOS 19

1024 MByte MDT PC3200 @ 418 MHz, 2.5-3-2-11

Creative SELF-service Live! 1024 Player @ YouP Pax v

ATi Radeon 9800 pro 128 MT @ 425/370 MHz

Windows XP Home edition SP1 + newest Patches

DirectX 9.0c

That is QUITE the long list of driver versions!!! That list might even have the driver vrs ParoxysM uses, although he'd probably use the Omega version.