Cliffy Talks About Steam

B.Ob.

Unreal Ops Exclusive: Cliffy Talks About Steam

Now before I delve into the topic a little I want everyone to remember that Cliff's thoughts in this news post are his own and don't necessarily reflect Epic's thoughts. With all of the hub-bub about Steam and it's fairly successful re-launch and the added recent fixes I wondered what Cliff's thoughts were. Here is our convo.

What are your thoughts on Steam's success. Do you think it will have an affect on the way big Devs (such as Epic) distribute their games?

I honestly haven't seen any concrete numbers to support Steam's success. It most certainly seems like the ideal venue for a developer especially an independent one to distribute their games. Even if Steam is a big success it'll still be 5 years minimum before it becomes the norm. Halo2 and GTA4 recently showed how big of a blockbuster a game still can be at retail.

Steam is a big success it'll still be 5 years minimum before it becomes the norm. Halo2 and GTA4 recently showed how big of a blockbuster a game still can be at retail.

ummm relateing pc software vs. 2 console titles cause its so easy to download cou..legal..gh console games