Halo2 Almost Gold

B.Ob.

Septultimate: The Last Update

"It isn't literally the last update of course, since there's lots to do and say between now and November 9th, but I can honestly say that there's no more updating on the progress of the game, since the game is done. Finished and shipped to a nebulous region known as RTC (Release To Certification) where it will be dumped from eight digital tapes onto a DVD and go through some final testing. Usually that's just a matter of routine, but we'll be watching our email carefully through next week…"

Does this mean you're getting an Xbox now B.Ob. & that we should expect to be having Xbox Halo2 lan parties?! I know Pursuit would be up for that.

-- Nem

If peeps are interested, we can certainly do that, but I won't be getting a XBox anytime soon. I rather toss that $$$ into my computer!! B)

never been impressed with halo, played though the first one because i watched Red vs. Blue and own bolth dvds

AI was okay felt almost scripted

back ground story was good

control was expected, jumping felt like floating

graphics good if was competing agent ut99 baddies looked blocky to me

level design kind of boring really looked and felt they recycled the rooms just for filler

alright i like the physics and particle engines

halo 2 looks the same this time with updated textures and better bump mapping didn’t even see a new gun in any of the screens i have seen doesn’t looked like they updated the models that much.

halo may just be the ford taurus of games, good all round but not the top game. i just dont understand why it turns so many heads, this tause may have spinning rims, extra lights, spoiler, and a japnese symbol, still just a taurus

i still got a video card on my mind before i buy a x-box

Hmmm.. U didn't see any new guns in any of the screenshots nor are U that impressed w/ the changes Halo2 is bringing w/ it? I really couldn't begin to guess as to what screenshots U were looking at. One of the big pulls for Halo2 is the NEW weapons, vehicles & the ability to dual wield weapons along w/ being able to use an energy blade. Exsisting weapons from the 1st game that are being carried over to Halo2 have gone thru some overhauls as well. Graphics have been improved upon. This has all been covered in the countless media hype following this game, not to mention the movies of the gameplay itself. The multiplayer aspect of the game has gone thru a MAJOR overhaul, which is a HUGE benefit to the game. I'm NOT an xbox owner nor a fan, but I have been keeping up w/ the news & movies of the Halo2 game. Halo does play alot better on a PC, but then again why wouldn't it. Halo2's storyline looks very impressive, as does the gameplay. Again, it'll probably end up playing better on the PC when it eventually gets released for it.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that Halo is the greatest thing since peanutbutter & jelly, which it isn't, but I did enjoy it. The Multiplayer aspect of it left alot to be desired. The graphics aren't top notch but they got the job done. I did enjoyed the Single player aspect of the game.

I'm sure the xbox owners of this forum will have more to say, as they generally do, so I'll step down now & let them take the podium.

That's my 2 cents on this.

-- Nem

never said it was bad, just not going to change my vocabulary to "well that game has a halo feel to it" or its too much like halo"

bassically, i said it was average, also thats putting it agenst other pc games, if i compaired it to other console FPS it would probally kick it up a few notches but the last one i baught was a n64

and if they release a demo i would probally check it out