Counter Strike: Source

Apparently, for those that either have Counter Strike: CZ, or those Halflife 2 coupons, you should be able to download the beta (one map) Counter Strike: Source (HL2 engine) today from Steam! If I had more time, I'd be tempted to pick up CS:CZ just to try out the beta Counter Strike!!

Anyone try this?!

plople i play with on 1.6 have tried it and say its kinda laggy, but looks good

Hmmm, I would think the new engine would ask more of a system, even on the lowest settings. Wondering if they were used to 1600x1200 at 60+fps as they really can't expect the same performance at the same settings they were used to in CS classic.

No offense, but a lot of the other CS peeps I've run into are whiney babies and freak if there ping changed by 10ms....

I'm sure there will be video driver updates (on both sides) to improve performance after the game is officially released.

Hmmm, I would think the new engine would ask more of a system, even on the lowest settings. Wondering if they were used to 1600x1200 at 60+fps as they really can't expect the same performance at the same settings they were used to in CS classic.

No offense, but a lot of the other CS peeps I've run into are whiney babies and freak if there ping changed by 10ms....

i agree, that was the other part if i rember it looks really good but strqaight foward if you need a whole new system to play it y not just play the old version... wait thats prolly y 1.6 is still popular... its free

also they, i guess, played with recoil and if you dont aim you dont hit (ie. jumping head shot with a deagle)

Valve Stress Test - Radeon X800 Pro vs GeForce 6800GT

"So, as you can probably imagine from all of this, the Valve Stress Test is exactly that - A stress test of the GPU. It is in no way representative of the actual real-world performance of Half-Life 2, rather it can be looked at as a 'worst-case scenario' of the most the game engine can throw at you. The stress test is also without the sound and physics effects of the actual game, which obviously affects the load put on the CPU.

With all that in mind, let's see how the boards on test today perform."

Interesting read!!