3D-Labs Realizm 800

B.Ob.

I was just checking it out and looks like it's mainly a graphic workstation card not a gamers card. Great at Open GL but not much else and the question is if it's really 512-bit or 2x256=512 because of dual processors? It should be interested to see if they do make a gamers edition of that card. ATI has suprised me that they haven't done a dual processor card, the arcitechure they use can support up to 32 vpus strung together, Imagine a X800 Super PE edition 32 vpu's with (32x256)8192megs of ram and only taking up to 8-10 pci-x slots and coming with it's own generator(he-he) at the low low price of a couple of hundred thousand dollars plus a free copy of duke nukem forever!!!!!

Yeah, its a professional CAD-type card, but hopefully we'll see something similar from nVidia or ATI. Perhaps if it gets more difficult to produce smaller dies, they will probably go multiple V/GPUs.

Actually, screw the new tech, just let me find DNF!!! B)

Come on it's Duke Nukem Forever,  Forever= how long everyone will be waiting for it. Better chance at getting the 32 vpu ati card.

Unfortunately, I'm inclined to agree with you!! I used to have a lot of faith in 3D Realms, but that since disappeared.... Its a shame too, Duke 3D so r0ck3d!!!

Just for 'ol time sake, this a pipe bomb.... :explo: (ahh, the memories...)

yeah I had high hopes for DNF but even if it did come out now I think the graphics will be so dated at this point it would be almost pointless to release it. If i remember correctly it was using the unreal 1 engine. Are they still planning on releasing it? Or has it been scraped? haven't heard anything about it in a long time.

I was following their forums quite religiously for a while. They switched to the UT engine and changed/upgraded the whole rendering pipeline. Have you seen the 2001 video they released? It still looks darn respectible and still gives me the itches to play it!!!

DNF 2001 video

Bink 640x480 is the best! (Bink is an .exe)

Face models r real good but if you compare it to farcry or ut2k4 and doom3, half life2, battlefield modern combat which will surely be out before DNF, they hopefully did alot more stuff with 3+ years of time(fingers crossed) to make it compare. oh well i just got sick of waiting for it, kinda of gave up on it. "when it's done" got old 2 years ago.