WarZ GameZ LAN Party !

WarZ GameZ LAN Party

Just off Niagara Falls Blvd, north of the Blvd Mall, NT area (let me know your coming and I'll drop the address for you).

Plenty of parking, nice neighborhood, no curfews.

Time:

Saturday May 29th

12:00 Noon on. If we are having fun It'll roll till 3-4 in the morning B)

Seating & Toys:

Can comfortably seat 24 players (usually we have 12'ish).

4 Different circuits.

24 port Gigabit switch.

File and game servers welcome. Places to set em up etc.

60" Projection TV if you want to catch a movie or plug your computer into that.

Couch and chill area.

LCD monitors - I have (2) folks can borrow the day of the LAN - let me know ahead of time.

Computers - I have (2) satellite computers people can play on if needed.

Food & Drink:

Pizza ordered from Good Guys Pizza (very very good pizza).

Bring $10 to cover food and drink (the food order is usually $8-$9).

I'll have some pop and chips handy.

Games:

Bad Company 2

Left 4 Dead 2 (I haven't done the new mode or story yet so I'm game)

Your choice - give me your suggestions ahead of time.

FPS oldies I'm game for -> Call of Duty 4 (or 5 Zombie House !), Far Cry, Mechwarrior4Mercs (its now updated and totally free !!!).

RTS oldies I'm game for -> RA2 Yuri's, AoE2, Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander (though I'm pretty newbie at this one).

Contact Info:

AIM - BBGameWTH

Steam - WarZ (Steam Group - Warz GameZ)

Email - isoforu2000@yahoo.com

Feel free to holler at me anytime. I'm about most of the day. Questions, suggestions, whatever.

Thanks,

Wayne (WarZ)

[ Hopefully there wont be an ugly storm rolling through this time around, lol. ]

Edited by WNYGame

Looks like this is the same weekend as JonnyFunFun's LAN... ...sry can not be in 2 places at once going to have to pass!

I got my kids that weekend. Can't do it. Sounds like a lot of fun though. Anyone play AoEIII though

I would be willing to play some AOE III at the next WNYG LAN in June. B)

Looks like this is the same weekend as JonnyFunFun's LAN... ...sry can not be in 2 places at once going to have to pass!

This was pointed out to me after I set the date. Didnt realize his was running that weekend. I took into account the dates for the 3 local groups I know of (wnyg, lanminds, gpa) but didnt catch this one. It is a good sign at least. There seems to be a lot more going on for local lan parties than in recent years B)

I'll keep my lan scheduled for now. Even if its just the regulars it makes for a good day of gaming. I consider mine more of a casual "house" lan anyways. Just come out, have fun, enjoy the games, some pizza, etc. Usually we top out at about 12'ish people anyways. I have room for a bit more and can accomodate if theres interest, but I'm definately not shooting for a 20 + person lan, lol. The wife would just love me if we seated all 24, ha ha. Not sure about the other "lan wives" but mine will give me a little evil eye if theres a dozen or more people she doesnt know coming over B) I'd be game to run a LAN that big if there was that much interest, I just dont expect it.

Its a free lan anyways - i mention the "bring money" so people have a good idea of the food order cost and to avoid an awkward moment.

Anyone play AoEIII though

I played it like 3-4 times multiplayer. It was fine, I didnt get to spend enough time with it to get decent or form a strong opinion. I didnt quite get a grasp of the city / card system. So i'd be a total newbie for that one.

Personally I havent found an RTS i really enjoy in a long time. Ive been wanting to find a new rts mainstay. Just nothings thrilled me. A tendency Ive noted in a lot of the newer ones is smaller maps and quick fast rounds. More of a "rush" mentality. I enjoy involved games on really huge maps so there can be a lot of manuevering, territorial fights, and machiavellian treaties of conveinance if desired. Fun stuff. The supreme commander series seems the closest to still using large maps and big armies that i've noticed.

Be happy to check out other recommendations.

Edited by WarSpartan