WNY Gamers Club January LAN Event

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's OK DaPoets... we ended things around 1:30am.

The games played were L4D, Shattered Horizons, Serious Sam HD & L4D2. We almost got a UT3 match going on as well.

Once again, I had an AWESOME time gaming with U guys & meeting some new faces.

Shattered Horizons ended up being a pretty cool game & it was nice to get a LAN going for Serious Sam HD... now I just need to teach people how to play it correctly & not be in such a hurry to get from Start to finish ;-)

We had another Nemesis show up in L4D2, GPA Nemesis & he & I had some pretty good battles... often resulting in me being cursed at alot :-]

Next LAN Party will be at Tecboy's in Feb, so start planning on getting there now so we can have more of a crowd.

-- Nem

Another blast from the past - Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge. Ive been itching to play this one recently though I havent touched an RTS in years now, lol. Used to be great fun and made for awesome games. Even has a random map generator build in.

yea...only issue is IPX on windows 7... all games must use tcp/ip!

Another blast from the past - Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge. Ive been itching to play this one recently though I havent touched an RTS in years now, lol. Used to be great fun and made for awesome games. Even has a random map generator build in.

yea...only issue is IPX on windows 7... all games must use tcp/ip!

I wonder how the windows 7 xp mode would work with ipx?

Sucks I had to miss out. I had no sleep 48hrs before the lan, either I was plowing or taking care of my son. Got home Saturday morning from plowing and slept for about 1hr before Andrew got up and i didn't get to go to sleep till 12:30 right before the lan. Plus the 3 of us were sick.

Hope to make the next one. :)

Dragon

AKA Pyrostasis

Hey, I had a great time. I've been lurking on here for a while, and finally decided to drop in on a LAN. Great guys, good times--so glad to see LAN parties still going on. Loved Shattered Horizon as a LAN game. Definitely some strategy games or dedicated shooters next time too.

I'll be seeing a lot more of you guys. See you next month!