Patches

bobsbrat

We usually post those the day are posted...the server admininstrators just need to post what release they are running the week before/during the lan, so we are all ready.

Can we get some links for patches for games posted here?

I know it was suggested to have a central location for patches for games before the Lan Party. 

Perhaps this would be a good start?

I would've posted that BUT since I can't connect to this site AGAIN from home, only from work, it slipped my aging mind.

Posting the links for game patches here on this thread is an excellent idea. I'll start posting them as I come across them. If someone beats me to it, go for it!!!

If for some strange sort of reason you don't have a game listed but plan on playing it, U should know what to do about it by now :doh:

I plan on having a CD floating around @ the lan party that has all the needed gaming files ( ie: patches ) on it to help get U up to date & compatible w/ the game server.

I'll leave it to B.Ob. to put up an official list of what games he's is planning on, once posted feel free to make suggestions about what else U would like to see.

The games that were played last time were...

UT2004 - no patch

FarCry - patch v1.1

Serious Sam 2 - patch v1.07

Battlefield: Vietnam - no patch

I know he has a classic UT server running, which is @ patch v4.36

Any questions/thoughts/concerns, post them here.

Thanx

-- Nem B)

Looks like Nem got the links for nopatches..... :rotfl:

I dont think that helps :bonk:

We may want to drop then onto the server. This would make it easier for all of us. Maybe we could spend more time playing than setting up for a change :bump:

Looks like Nem got the links for nopatches..... :rotfl:

I dont think that helps :bonk:

We may want to drop then onto the server. This would make it easier for all of us. Maybe we could spend more time playing than setting up for a change :bump:

I haven't posted any links thus far Wargasm. As for posting links for noCD files, that I won't do b/c it's frowned upon. I will post links for the game patches that help to improve the gameplay itself, that's allowed.

-- Nem

Guest Major_Chaos

maybe we could update our systems BEFORE the lan and THEN we would have more time to play. If I can do it ANYONE can

maybe we could update our systems BEFORE the lan and THEN we would have more time to play. If I can do it ANYONE can

WOW... there's actually some TRUTH to what U say. If U keep this up, someone may accidentally think you're rather smart :explo:

-- Nem

p.s. -- On second thought, that will probably NEVER happen :evil:

Sounds like a repeat of what I said Chaos.... though it helps if we know what is going to be played and have the game available. I still dont have UT2004. :popc:

I hope the graphis are better than UT2003, its tough when you cant see the other players. :wwe:

Guest Major_Chaos

i know we'll be playing ut2k4, farcry, bfvietnam, serious sam 2nd encounter, maybe some call of duty, bf 1942, etc.......

Doom died with the Sega Genesis. I think we all have higher expectations from our games than we did then.

I'll be bringing Neverwinter Nights if anyone is interested. Its a cool D&D game, but I need to give you time to build your experience level before you jump in the game with me....or I could create a new character. I dont think I have any save that are beloe level 20 :lol: