Just wanted to pop in and say "hey"

Never been to a LAN Party before, but they came up in discussions the other day... figured, WTH, see if there's anything organized around the area...

I play mostly on PC... Valve stuff for the most part TF2, CSS, DoD, etc... played CoD4 a bit, but I prefer TF2 over all others at the moment. My wife and I enjoy working through a lot of the BioWare stuff (BG/NWN on PC, Jade Empire & Mass Effect on Xbox). Oh, we think Lego Indiana Jones kicks arse too :party-drinkers1:

It appears TF2 is a popular choice amongst the faithful here. Hope that continues to be the case... as I'd like to attend one of these days. Sept event is out, will be at VMworld... Oct might have a wedding to attend. But one of these days...

Anyway, good to see there's an active community here and I'll keep checking in periodically. I'm normally on "Over 30 Club" [otc] servers (www.the-otc.com), but I see y'all have a server up... so maybe I'll run into some of you there. Do you guys have a normal night you try all be on at once?

Cheers,

KFC

Hello and welcome, good to see new people with an interest in LANs. Our LPE events always make for a good 12 hours of gaming fun and house LANs are always a blast too. Hope you can make it out for one. As for the TF2 server, we try to get on Wednesday nights around 7 or 8ish when possible.

Glad to meet you! Yeah we have some long days and late nights at our events. I actually may host an off cycle event (normal ones are 2nd weekend of the month) to kick of a new location so perhaps you and your wife can make that. Details to follow.

excellent! I've setup a "TF2sdays" with OTC, so now I'll have another set TF2 night :party-drinkers1:

Regarding TF2, if you guys haven't seen yet, there'll be a big update this next tuesday (yeah, tuesdays are a bad scheduled game day because Steam always seems to release TF2 updates that day...)

Early next week, we'll be shipping a new (huge!) update for Team Fortress 2. In addition to three unlockable weapons and thirty-five achievements for the Heavy, we've got a new game mode with five new arenas, a new Payload map focusing on more open spaces than Goldrush, and another popular community-made map.

I checked out your LPE site, does look like a great setup. Looking forward to hitting one of those and will try to hit one of the house parties too. We'll see how the schedule works...

I'll poke around a bit and see if I find anything on this, but do you have general guidelines posted about the parties? Rules, costs, food/beverage setup, etc?

Edited by KungFooChef

Rules, costs, food/beverage setup, etc?

The LPE's are held at a VFW and cost $15 presale and $20 at the door, hall, food (normally pizza and wings), pop, spot at a table, chair (can bring your own if you like) and internet access is included in the price. Beer and other drinks can be purchased at the bar. Need to bring all your equipment, only real rules is to bring head phones and don't be an ass hole to others, but we have never had that issue as everyone is there to have a good time.

With house LANs it is up to the Host how they want to handle food, normally I would still say to bring like $5 to $10, just in case everyone is down to order out. But our Sept LAN being hosted by Tecboy is going to be a potluck which will be a dish to pass.

Heya welcome and the such in house wow addict saying hi :) (now i haf an urge to stop at KFC on the way home.. anywho) ... if im making it to the next one and its a potluck ... onlly thing i can do is make some chili :P

LOL - They let you out of WoW to browse forums? I didn't think that was allowed.

(last time I had KFC, I pretty much figured I'll never do that again. I like some chicken with my grease!) :)

Though back in college, KFC's "3-piece and a beer" spring break special in mexico was excellent!!!