Dap's WAR Machine

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my video card came in (ASUS 3870x2) and just plugging it in got me a 3DMark06 score of 16003.

SM 2.0 6162

SM 3.0 7473

CPU 4756

I'll be tweaking it, over clocking it, and talking sweet nothings to it over the next few days. I do have an issue though. My current PSU doesn't fully support it as I need a 6+2 power cord to get more juice into it. but it's not a biggie because it's actually going in the WARmachine and not my current one. It's just in my current one because it's new and shinny.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night at 11pm I started transfering my hardware into my Antec 1200 case and it took me about 3 hours get do it. The cable managment in this case is sick and just to pat myself on the back, the 1st time I pressed the power button, the darn thing actually turned on! The only thing was I had the floppy disk cable upside down but what ever.

The Antec 1200 case is a beast... It dropped my temps on idle by 9°c and on full load by about 13°c... sick sick case.

I bought this and it came in the mail today:

204297449.jpg

CP1350AVRLCD 1350VA CP AVR LCD UPS TWR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16842102070

Got it for only $140 w/ free shipping and no tax though.

I figure all this hardware I'm putting into this War Machine, I need to make sure I'm feeding it good nectar... Gotta love something that gets shipped to you for free that's 30 lbs!

Yeah this thing is badass, all kinds of system readouts, and stuff from physics classes that I didn't pay attention to lol. I just know that if stuff is in the Green then I'm all good! The software is pretty cool too. Only used it for about 20 min while home for lunch though, but it had lots of nice and funky options.

Apparently from reading the forums though, people are upset that the LCD doesn't stay on 24/7, it goes out after a minute or so and you have to press the front button for it to pop back on. The software shows the same info as the LCD though so it's not that big of a deal, more of a lack of another shiney blue thing in my office that's all.

Well WCG is up and running 24/7 again on my machine (except during Frag Time) so we shall see! Going to overclock to 3.4ghz tonight mostlikely though and run WCG on that since I was benching at 3495 flawlessly the other day. I find that even though WCG and Prime95 stress the system at 100%, Prime95 does it a bit harder and give higher temps.

I need to replace my Raptors...

Intel also showed a server setup comparison, putting a server with 36 15,000 RPM drives against one with eight of the Extreme SSD drives, with the SSD-based server supposedly using 98-percent less power, 75-percent less space (an 8U server rack compared to a 2U rack), and six times faster read speeds.

The next demonstration was from Falcon Northwest’s general manager Bradd Berdelman, who showed why SSD drives in gaming rigs can outperform raided 10,000 RPM Velociraptors from Western Digital. Using the same configuration in two of Falcon’s FragBoxes, the SSD drive-based FragBox ran a gaming demo at nearly twice the frame rate as the Velociraptor-based system (32.65 FPS compared to 16.76 FPS).

This is what my artist friend has done so far on the side pannel of my Antec 1200 case.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do?inv...State=RETRIEVED

He will be adding more, like my name "DaPoets" in the top right I think in some fashion of blood or a hardcorish format and more blending and finishing. He should be done in a day or two.

not sure how long it will be on this website...