Dap's WAR Machine

It's begun. I started buying parts for the WAR Machine. Just bought the new and hard to find Antec 1200 case for $174.99 free shipping. This list is as follows.

$305 Intel Q9450 2.66ghz 12M 1333MHZ Quad Core Processor

$157 Intel Desktop Board DP45SG

$275 HD 4870 ATI Radeon

$185 DDR3 1333 4GB (2x2GB) Patriot Memory

$88 Antec TruePower Trio 650 Power Supply ATX 12V

~$150 for another 4 Hard Drive Raid 0+1 setup

Cooling will be the last thing I get as I need to decide if I want to go water (over kill since it will be in my basement) or air and I need to see how much space I have for high end cooling via air after all the parts are in this sucker. The Processor and Ram I will buy last as they will be the ones to drop the most in price. This system should be up and running in September unless I put a hold on parts due to new technology options.

This WAR Machine will be use pretty much only for WAR Hammer Online and GRID as any other game out there runs great on my current system in my office at home. This thing will be plugged into my 48inch wide screen HD TV in the theater room in my basement.

This will probably be my LAN box as well since I won't have printers and junk attached to it. Just 100% gaming machine.

My current computer is as follows:

Q6600 Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz oc to 3.0ghz

DDR2 800mhz 4gb

Radeon x1950 pro 512mb

Antec truePower trio 650 power supply

Intel D975XBX2 Bad Axe 2 mother board

4 Hard drive raid 0+1

So it will be a little bit of of an upgrade...

Antec 1200 Case

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15120

antec_1.jpg

antec_2.jpg

000000058151.jpg

antec_3.jpg

antec_4.jpg

Edited by DaPoets

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not get me wrong, the 1200 is a super nice case. I was looking at getting one but if it is like th 900 then everyone and thier brother will have one by next year. I am now looking at one of the Thermaltake Armor Series cases.

ok I'm lame... every site I have read reivews on and looked at prices calls it the Antec 1200... Only newegg in their infinite wisdom has it listed as the Antec Twelve Hundred.... But yeah Newegg is very expensive for this case... I'm getting it for $174 free shipping.

You will want to get the ATi HD 4870 card, anything else wouldn't feel right for that BEASTIE you are building :)

As for not getting another HD card for Crossfire Mode, don't worry about it, you will eventually end up getting another one. We know your DaPoets, your need for POWER will get the better of you soon enough.

Hope this helps!!

-- Nem

Well I went with this bad boy

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmen...l3=636&l4=0

2057_l.jpg

It got great reviews and I couldn't pass up the price of $189... 4 DVI outputs plus crossfire can work over all of them, 1GB memory... I just drooled. Since this was a great price I can get other parts quicker now. Trying hard to stick to a budget since women are freakin expensive.

Edited by DaPoets