Battlefield 2 Interview

Battlefield 2 Interview (PC)

"GameSpy: Will Battlefield 2 retain the same core gameplay as the previous Battlefield titles, i.e. "Conquest" capture-and-hold? What can you tell us about the new Commander mode?

Scott Evans: Our goal with BF2 is to deliver a mix of what people loved about previous BF titles, what they felt should be improved, and a large injection of completely new features and technology. Conquest mode is one of those features that people really loved that will be carried forward to BF2. The Commander mode is an example of a new feature that expands on the Battlefield experience. The battlefield commander can play the battlefield experience in a different way ... he has the ability to see the game map top down and do such things as issue orders to squads, call in artillery strikes, order satellite sweeps, and communicate with his forces via VOIP. All of these activities support a greater set of teamplay activities that players can engage in. The player with the highest rank can be the commander, or teams can decide who will be the commander before the round starts."

I sure am glad I got a good sized hard drive w/ all these sweet games coming out. B.Ob., now U & I have a reason to put our new headsets to use. This sounds rather cool & I'm looking forward to it.

-- Nem

Just for old times sake...

OK team, the enemy is making their presence know @ coordinates... *growl* ... I see that Major Chaos is killing teammates again, this guy is totally whacked. OK team, new set of coordinates where Major Chaos is located at. Feel free to "dispatch" him quickly to show him the "error" of his ways & then move onto the enemy. He's at... :o

• 2 weeks later...