Halflife 2

Hmmmm, I wonder if Halflife2 will be coming out (or at least go Gold) when they intro the new ATI video cards in a couple weeks. That would be sweet, no?!

All I know is that Im not gonna meet the system requirements for some of the games Im gonna want to play in the next 6 months...and I barely make these:

Half-Life 2

CPU - 2.5G

GPU - 9700+, 6800+

RAM - 1G

Doom 3

CPU - 3G

GPU - 9700+, 5900+

RAM - 2G

All I know is that Im not gonna meet the system requirements for some of the games Im gonna want to play in the next 6 months...and I barely make these:

Half-Life 2

CPU - 2.5G

GPU - 9700+, 6800+

RAM - 1G

Doom 3

CPU - 3G

GPU - 9700+, 5900+

RAM - 2G

Hehe, yes, I saw those in MaximumPC... Don't you think 2G is out of the question for a commercial game at this point in time? I really can't see any improvements by having more than 1Gig of RAM.

If you have ever played the Doom3 alpha leak that came out last year, more than 512Meg certainly DID help thou!!!

Besides, your running at +3200 speeds with 1 gig of ram and a 9700 Pro, you should be fine!!

i still got the doom 3 alpha on my HD with the online update

looks cool till you shoot a zomble too many times and the orange void(quake 1 code???) shows though still cool tho and that when my system was running at 266mhz (amd 2000+ and pc2100 memory)

Those system requirements are outrageous!! I honestly think my rig will be more than capable of handling it. I am very much looking forward to Halflife 2 & Doom3. It would be nice to see "Duke Nukem Forever", but it probably won't be out in this lifetime B)

-- Nem