Wii > 360 in 08

B.Ob.

Wii to Displace Xbox 360 by End of 2008

"Nintendo's popular Wii game console will displace Microsoft's Xbox 360 as the new-generation game machine, iSuppli said Thursday.

The market researcher forecasted that the global installed base of Wii game consoles will rise to 30.2 million units in 2008, up from 18 million in 2007, putting it ahead of the Xbox 360's projected 25.7 million units.

The Wii is already riding a wave of popularity that saw it win the greatest growth among new game consoles last year, according to iSuppli figures. There were only 3.2 million units in people's homes at the end of 2006, jumping to 18 million at the end of last year. The Xbox 360 retained its lead as the console in most homes last year by edging out the Wii with 18.2 million units, while the PlayStation 3 lagged rivals with 10.3 million, up from 1.8 million per year earlier."

• 2 weeks later...
Microsoft is dropping it's HD-DVD add on.. anyone amazed? I hope not lol.

ViVa La Blu-Ray!!

How did this end up in the Wii Threads??? As the Wii has nothing to do with the 360 or Bluray! Either way, as Toshiba makes the addon drive and they stated they are stopping all production on players/roms I would think that this would be a no brainer. Toshiba was paying M$ for the branding and making the players, so M$ was in a win/win even if HD-DVD failed. I do not see M$ nor Nintendo picking up Bluray any time soon though. Sony just forced them futher into the digital download arena.

Yeah I thought Wii was microsoft as I don't pay any attention to consoles. xbox, wii, ps3, I hate them all basicaly, but when they come out with WSAD support that actually works, then I'll support consoles again.

The best controler in the world only had up down left right B A select start.