Left 4 Dead

Conan4Life

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Left 4 Dead Survival Pack is now available for the PC and Xbox 360, free of charge to all owners of the game. The full change list for the PC release is below. In addition, both the retail and Steam versions of the game (PC and 360) are now available for a special price. Check Steam and local retailers for pricing details. For more information about L4D, please visit www.l4d.com

Survival Mode

New gameplay Mode

16 maps including Last Stand

Leaderboards

7 new achievements

Versus Changes

2 new versus campaigns

Fixed a case where versus team score would continue to be recalculated after the score panel was displayed

Fixed an issue with recalculating the versus score health bonus for a player when they are rescued from being incapacitated

Fixed being able to start a swing as an infected, then teleport to the survivors and have the claw swing hit a survivor

Fixed a case where teleporting to the survivors would not reset the ability timer

Fixed an exploit where you could load the chamber of a weapon with bullets by holding down the melee key

Fixed a case where it was not possible to join a game while it was in a finale

Fixed a rare case where listen servers would speed up the game over time

Removed convars related to melee fatigue

Fixed a case where infected players would get a respawn time on their initial spawn into a map

Server Changes

Made ms_force_dedicated_server not require cheats

Add a message when queuing a heartbeat

Simplified setting of game mode

Removed convars director_no_human_zombies and director_holdout_mode

Added mp_gamemode [coop,versus,survival]

General

Added lobby join and leave messages

• 2 weeks later...
I download it, played it...probably still won't buy it.

Sounds to me like U are going out of your way NOT to like this game. Between U & DaPoets, looks like U 2 have gotten this game pegged as a loser anyway U look @ it, regardless how much everyone is STILL praising it after the amount of time it's been out & how little U have played it yourselves. I guess the gang & I must be waisting our time on it, especially seeing how much fun we all still have with it with our friends via LAN or Online. So yeah, at a price of $24, you're definitely waisting your money, you definitely wouldn't want to be part of all the great times & fun we've been taking full advantage of because you may end up liking it afterall & it clearly sounds like U don't want that.

-- Nem

Well, it is if your just playing the campaign with 3 other people. But we play Vs which changes it. Now you got real people playing to stop you from getting to the end not just the ai. And we all know the only way the ai could stop you is to just send in more zombies than you can handle, which just plain old sucks.

I was sceptical at first, since that's pretty much what I saw the game as too, another SS. Since I'm normally not a fan of FPS, they really need to have something special or different to get me. Jedi Knight series, Far Cry, Max Payne, AvP are a couple I can think of that all had something that different from normal FPS that got my attention. L4D its the zombies. Zombies don't have guns so your tactics have to change. I can't sit 100 yds out and shoot the survivors with my sniper rifle.

But that's just my 2 cents... :)

Dragon

• 4 months later...

Left 4 Dead Update Released

September 29, 2009, 10:06 am - Valve - Product Update

Crash Course DLC is here! Find out what happens to Bill, Zoey, Louis, and Francis after their rooftop helicopter rescue in the No Mercy campaign. To celebrate the release of our second DLC for Left 4 Dead, we are offering Left 4 Dead for 50% off until Oct 2nd.

Updates to Left 4 Dead have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Left 4 Dead

- A new campaign, "Crash Course", is now available for play in Campaign, Versus and Survival modes

- In Versus mode, all weapons, pills, health packs, molotovs, pipe bombs and other items will now be identical for the second round of a chapter

- Matchmaking has had several improvements to make finding and joining games even faster

- Ten all new "Crash Course" achievements have been added

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...