Taoist Tai Chi Society

While at work I thought perhaps I should clarify things a bit base on what I said about TIME. Everyone's body develops in different ways and at different rates. A young woman of 18 who is physically fit will have a shorter road to walk than a woman of age 40 who was not physically active in life. Taoisit Tai Chi focuses on Healing, Maintaining, and improving upon health. If that 40 year old had started Taoist Tai chi at the age of 18, imagine how much her quality of life would have improved over the decades.

So with this development comes a tweaking of your Tai Chi style over the years. A move that was appropriate at year 1, 2, 3 of Tai Chi practice may no longer be applicable in years 4 and beyond as your body has "opened up" and so the move can now be adjusted to truly allow for your body to step things up a level. Intructors who force everyone to do the move the exact same way (refering to any and all martial arts schools) is not paying attention to their students body type or unique health status. Two "experts" in Taoist Tai Chi who have been practicing for 30 years could have somewhat different styles of performing a move because their health and body types will be different.

For example, when doing a certain Taoist Tai Chi exercise, many people feel their lower back opening up and being "worked" while I feel most of my entire spine being worked and opening up. this is because I have gone beyond the blockage of the lower back which many Americans have just due to our life styles. So I tend to feel my spine opening up around my shoulder blades and closer to my neck. This has taken me a good number of years to achieve and I have not been actively doing this over the years either. So 12 years into my Taoist Tai Chi has (this was my own unique pace) has gotten me to a point where I finally understood some things that were spoken of in the past about "being elastic" or a "pulling back feeling" and even a "spine contraction" feeling. Since I have felt this, my energy level has skyrocketed and I am sitting here looking at my coffee thinking "why did I buy this... I like the taste but I don't need the caffine"

I hope this helps explain things a bit better. I would have to say 10-12 years of Tai Chi seems to be a nice "Ah Ha!" moment for many people in our organization based on the pace that people take. If you do more Tai Chi than the avg person and learn some of the more advanced Taoist Tai Chi styles like Lok Hup Ba Fa, Hsing - I, Sword, Saber, then yes your time frame will drop dramatically. What would take an avg person 10 years may only take you 4 or 5 years, IF you receive constant tweaking and instruction from knowlegable instructors. Lucky for Buffalo people the International Headquartes is in Toronto, just 1.75 hours away!! and that is where the world renouned intructors are and you can learn from them for no extra cost. Once you are a memember you can take as many classes in any locations you want.

B)

Interesting!! Thanks for the verbose post!!

I still think it will take 10+ years for PurSuiT to learn to touch his toes thou.... B)

Interesting!! Thanks for the verbose post!!

I still think it will take 10+ years for PurSuiT to learn to touch his toes thou.... B)

I could not even do that when I was in grade school let alone when I was not over wieght and rode 18 hours a day and was in top shape.

GRIND10.jpg

It looks like the bike is doing all the work. Peg-grinder, lol.

I can meet you down in front of channel 2 with my bikes (can take your pick) and we can see if you can get them to do all the work for you! B) Unlike most ppl think true freesytle bikes are not light and if you had a light alumuim bike you where a joke, that one I still have and is almost 35lbs and they have not gotten much lighter for the ppl I know that still rider daily.

Jim Cielenki - Buffalo BMX Scene

BLOODST.jpg

Today I was asked to teach the March beginners Tai Chi class for the Buffalo branch of the Taoist Tai Chi Society. I accepted!

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

The lady and I went to the Chinese New Years Banquet in Toronto Saturday hosted by the Taoist Tai Chi Society, and there were about 700 people there. There was so much food our heads spun. We left as they were serving the 10th course... yeah, we could barely eat any of the 9th course...

The food was very VERY good.

Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time!!! Wow, 10th course! I will assume 1-8 were not single fortune cookies... :(

Wow, that sounds so incredibly like GOOD eating!! DaPoets, can we get your group to sponsor our next lan event?! Not only could they possibly get more recruits for their efforts, but they can supply the FOOD as well!!! :(

-- Nem