Yz4life Gamings First Event!

2 big screens for people to play guitar hero 3 and Rockband!, which I'm bringing. This should be a big console event. I'm going to play the older games on the PC, which I find decently fun with multiplayer over a lan, due to the custom maps. More addicting and less complicated as the new games seem to take over. This should bring me anybody with anything over a 1.0 ghz. I think i ran quake 2 on 800mhz with 256 of ram or 512 of ram. Something like that. BTW, Check out Games under the website and click to download. Only be up there for a couple more day, then I have to take them off. Ill make sure motocross madness finishes downloading for me and ill have that up there soon. FEAR If you don't have it will be on my server, due it time to game. I'm going to liquor up bob and set him down at my rockband drumset! I wasn't a drummer until this game lol, 12pack later me and my friends were seriously goin nutz with this game. Whatta blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there will be a section just for testing out the games. Guitar hero 3, Rockband and the WIItard Console and whatever game i chose, Probably something interactive. I'm working on sponsors right now, But I'll def be doing this every last sat of every month if i get a decent crowd. Peace out everybody. Hope we don't blow a breaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEace!

*edited typoz*

Edited by B.Ob.

yz4lifeperformance,

Just out of curiosity, your flyer shows a PS3 in it but U later talk about 360's & PS2's. Do U actually mean PS3's as that is a much better multiplayer gaming platform that the PS2?? I own a PS3, which is why I'm asking.

I haven't signed up yet BUT I'm definitely considering it, looks to be a great time.

-- Nem

yz4lifeperformance,

Just out of curiosity, your flyer shows a PS3 in it but U later talk about 360's & PS2's. Do U actually mean PS3's as that is a much better multiplayer gaming platform that the PS2?? I own a PS3, which is why I'm asking.

I haven't signed up yet BUT I'm definitely considering it, looks to be a great time.

-- Nem

Currently waiting on a approval from a couple of friends weather or not there going to do the ps2 or 3. I always thought ps2 didnt have many multiplayer opted games, but i have no idea. Console tournements will be listed on my forum. Peace!, ill know by the end of the week. Guarentee an Xbox 360 tourney, ps3 is open for suggestions and if anybody wants to hold it, feel free to let me know in a week and ill work on the tv situation!

• 1 month later...

I got a couple people that will bring there ps3's to the gaming event. Looking for more tvs for the ps3 though. So if your coming for the ps3, a tv is def necessary, but maybe not. I think i have 14 tvs or 16 going to be there. I actually forgot that i didnt have rf switches for some of these tv's and had to ebay the shit out of them because i didnt know they cost 26 bucks at home depot and the same at radioshack. Hope they make it here on time. See, back in teh day of the old xbox, a rf switch was made that included xbox,playstation and one other system i dont really quite remember what the other was. But the new xbox 360 uses the standard RCA cables, well my old ass 20-27 inch tv's(most of em) dont have this, only the coaxial input. We should be all set but, damn, wish i woulda thought of this a head of time. This is infact our first xbox 360 event since last years insanity of my attic. I wonder how the wireless controllers are going to act too. I bet 10:1 the signals will get all messed up. Any1 want to wager! Looks like were going to have 6 people for ps3 as we stand right now. We should have a full house for xbox 360. I have no idea about pc's. I did manage to get a sponser. With being a first event, i didnt expect to get any. Well my forums down and all my sql. lol, i def messed something up with making the surveys.

The list of games to rent for PS3 are Resistance,Warhawk,and call of duty 4.

www.yz4lifegaming.com

www.myspace.com/yz4lifegaming

Sorry i missed the last event, ill be at the next one, i broke the bank with 2 24 port gigabit smart switches and all the rf modulator/1000 ft of cabling, extension cords, and the rest of the bullshit that comes along with running one of these gaming events. Ill be there all day thursday setting up for saturday. Problem is, i have to work friday night overnight, and then be at the hall by 11. thats 2 hours of sleep, 12 hour event. Then load up all the shit and clean the place. :P

Peace out!

Edited by yz4lifeperformance

Yep, the events do require some time and $$, esp at the beginning!! I will unfortunately, still be here at Roswell, but hope to at least stop by the next one!!

I think after this event, im going to concentrate more on just Console Gaming. Im up to almost 16 tv's! 8 xbox tvs will play 16 people min(thats confortably 2 per tv) that leaves PS3 with 8 tvs also. I doubt there is going to be a big turnout for Computer gaming. I did manage to set up rockband on the big screen, which we tried out and i figured out how to use the mic that i thought didnt work. And if anybody wants rockband, i can get it for them for a 100 bucks as long as they still have it at my work marked down because they couldnt get the mic to work either. lol!

Also, after setting up everything and testing all, as per space, 16 computers are max at this hall. which suxz and that is why im going to stick to the console gaming from now on and leave the pc gaming up to you guys. So hopefully you guys will allow us to setup at your next gaming event! I just wont bring the big screen. Pictures of the hall are at www.myspace.com/yz4lifegaming and also on webshots and the picture server on yz4lifegaming.com -downloads

:(

Went Great!, One side of the room is now reserved for PS3 instead of computers and the other side of the room is for xbox 360.

Worked the best this way.

We had a total of 15 tvs, and i didnt have a couple bring theres cause i knew there was going to be enough. The circuit breakers were strong enough to hold. So next month and from now on, everything is a go.

Im going to ask about Cable internet(time warner) get the approval for ps3. They seem to need it, just to link up to play like xbox. Wierd and shit and i dont like the setup, but the video games on PS3 look way more realistic still then the 360.

If your interested in sports games. Next Gaming event is going to be "An all Madden Event" Tournament Brackets" All the way up to the superbowl.

If you are interested "Feel Free to signup

http://yz4life.net/FuckenSurvey/public/sur...ife_Gaming_copy

Hope to see you there, A prize will be given to Both Who make it to the super bowl!

yz4lifeperformance,

Am I seeing this correct that U r having issues w/ the PS3's going online? Mine goes online just fine right along w/ my Wii & the 360 that shows up @ my place from time to time all @ the same time thru my router w/o any issue.

Yeah, I keep telling everyone that myself as well, games look ALOT better most of the time on the PS3 than they do on the 360. To prove my point I had some xbox buddies show up & they eventually admitted to it themselves :(

Sounds like U did a great job @ running the console lan party, sorry I missed it. Any pictures??

-- Nem

:groupwavereversed:

Went Great!, One side of the room is now reserved for PS3 instead of computers and the other side of the room is for xbox 360.

Worked the best this way.

We had a total of 15 tvs, and i didnt have a couple bring theres cause i knew there was going to be enough. The circuit breakers were strong enough to hold. So next month and from now on, everything is a go.

Im going to ask about Cable internet(time warner) get the approval for ps3. They seem to need it, just to link up to play like xbox. Wierd and shit and i dont like the setup, but the video games on PS3 look way more realistic still then the 360.

If your interested in sports games. Next Gaming event is going to be "An all Madden Event" Tournament Brackets" All the way up to the superbowl.

If you are interested "Feel Free to signup

http://yz4life.net/FuckenSurvey/public/sur...ife_Gaming_copy

Hope to see you there, A prize will be given to Both Who make it to the super bowl!

Well these kids are having problems with there ps3 connecting soley to just a lan network with no broadband. Im going to pull my out of the box and hook it up and play with it on my lan at home. From what they say its strictly a broadband game system unlike xbox 360 that can system link and not need broadband to play. Ill do a follow up on this later on.

Edited by yz4lifeperformance