Microsoft cuts price of Xbox 360

PurSuiT

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp.../292804/1/.html

Microsoft said that effective Wednesday it will trim US$50 from the price of Xbox 360 models in the United States. Also announced the prices of Xbox consoles in Canada will be reduced $100 Canadian dollars.

The most basic version of the video game console will cost US$350 and its top-of-the-line Xbox 360 Elite will have a US$450 price tag.

Xbox 360 Premium gets HDMI

"The story has been confirmed by Microsoft and aparently the HDMI model will replace the current model as stock of the non-HDMI model sells out. Retailers will be getting the new model as it becomes available.

Microsoft refused to comment when asked if the new model had the rumoured 65nm processor or not and just stated that they're continually making changes to its console and doesn't comment on component changes.

The console in question was manufactured on the 4th of July and it's the first reported Xbox 360 Premium with HDMI, but many more are now likely to follow."

See good things come to those who wait. I'll get a price break and HDMI when I get my sexbox around this winter.

I was going to get one soon but GTA4 is delayed so I'm not getting one for a bit. ;)

Dragon

Xbox 360 Premium now includes HDMI

Hot off the news of a price drop, Microsoft has confirmed that the Xbox 360 Premium--which now retails for $350--now includes an HDMI output. The confirmation comes after Shacknews posted photos of a newly purchased Xbox 360 with the telltale port, essentially proving that the rumored upgrade was already available in stores.

The HDMI-equipped 360s have already begun to hit the retail channel. They're distinguishable from their HDMI-less predecessors by an HDMI logo on the box.