New case

Sacred

my wife bought me a new case for my birthday on Sunday. She bought me this case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129012 Should I use it or exchange it and oay the additional 45.00 for this case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129021. She bought the case from Bestbuy

Sacred,

Thank her for the gift & then send it back & get your 2nd choice, you'll only end up thanking her again for it afterwards :)

Here's the case that I think is the best fit for you...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129021

-- Nem

NICE case!! I know three peeps with that case!! Its is surprisingly VERY quiet!! All the fans are set to low (med & high settings) by default and it provides more than enough cooling for a stock configuration.

NICE case!! I know three peeps with that case!! Its is surprisingly VERY quiet!! All the fans are set to low (med & high settings) by default and it provides more than enough cooling for a stock configuration.

Only issue I have is that it has no PSU. not sure if my PSU power cable will stretch to the MB. It should though right.

Lay it out and see.... Looking at my stepson's case, the p/s sits like a half inch (or less) below the motherboard.

Lay it out and see.... Looking at my stepson's case, the p/s sits like a half inch (or less) below the motherboard.

I think I might just use the case she got me. Its not a bad case. I just need to add a couple fans and I am sure it will be cool. Sure they will only be 80 mm but thats fine that will suck in enough air to keep things cool not gonna be doing any OC anyways.

The case she got you is nice too!!! And it has a nice FAT tri-speed 120mm exhaust!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
The case she got you is nice too!!! And it has a nice FAT tri-speed 120mm exhaust!! :)

I decided to get the Antec 900 case. I ordered from Newegg it came yesterday. I would like to use the audio ports on the front of the case. The manual only talks about connecting it to the motherboard. I have a SB X-Fi Extreme Music card. I would like to know if it is possible to connect that card to the audio ports on the front. If not is the a decent Sound card that will. Something that is 5.1 and id good for games and decent for music. I have not been happy with the X-Fi card. Too many issues with the sound crackling and such.

As I recall with perfection's antec 900, there are a couple different conncetors to choose from when trying to hook up the front audio ports. Even though he uses the onboard, he did not want the front audio ports hooked up.

Hmmm, I know dragon, nemesis and myself have been happy with our x-fi's. Although on the other hand, I know PurSuiT curses his!! Might check and see how your x-fi is working first before seeing which connector connects to the x-fi.

Also, perhaps more importantly, does the m/b 4/8-pin connector reach properly?!?

Sacred,

The audio port on the front should have a long enough wire to reach over to your X-Fi card. The X-Fi should have a port on it that U can plug it into. My case has front audio ports along w/ usb & firewire, it's basically a transfer panel, same thing as yours. Mine works great w/ my X-Fi, never have any issues w/ that card at all.

Again, to quote B.Ob., don't ask Pursuit, that'll just open a can of worms that will literally explode into another 5 page post about how he hates Creative in general :)

Hope this helps ya bud.

-- Nem

As I recall with perfection's antec 900, there are a couple different conncetors to choose from when trying to hook up the front audio ports. Even though he uses the onboard, he did not want the front audio ports hooked up.

Hmmm, I know dragon, nemesis and myself have been happy with our x-fi's. Although on the other hand, I know PurSuiT curses his!! Might check and see how your x-fi is working first before seeing which connector connects to the x-fi.

Also, perhaps more importantly, does the m/b 4/8-pin connector reach properly?!?