April's LAN Party Extravaganza

I do recall trying to do something like this for lan party before but I never got anywhere with it(making copies of games before the party so everyone that didn't have a copy of the game could get up and running asap).

Hope you have better luck than me Nem. I'll be happy to help if you need any. :D

Dragon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime there is a LAN at my place I try to have them on the server in a share (Patches/ISO) so all are easily accessible.

As far as issue with slowing other ppls systems down you should have transferred them over to a central share on one of the systems with a 100/1000 NICs.

I think that the slow down on Nems system comes from him pulling any p0rn he can find. :evil:

Anytime there is a LAN at my place I try to have them on the server in a share (Patches/ISO) so all are easily accessible.

As far as issue with slowing other ppls systems down you should have transferred them over to a central share on one of the systems with a 100/1000 NICs.

Yep, and I have the 1.1 patch for FarCry on my machine, with CoD's, and many, many others. Speaking of, our new, but not quite ready for primetime, unix box has a giga-nic in it. How we doing with that bobsbrat?

I think that the slow down on Nems system comes from him pulling any p0rn he can find  :evil: 

Yeah, something like that :D

Next thing U'll know is that Father OC will try to convince us that he doesn't drink Beer & hoard Pron :D ( not that ParoxysM would let him get away w/ that!! )

Pursuit favorite shows is :barney:

-- Nem :rotfl:

Speaking of, our new, but not quite ready for primetime, unix box has a giga-nic in it. How we doing with that bobsbrat?

Uhhh ummm errrr uhhhh well.....

I think we forgot to talk about the website before the lan party on saturday....

:D

I think we need to have an emergency gamers meeting! Get things movin along!

so, when are the lan-pics gonna be put on the site? do we have an option for a picture page?

What's the rush Major C?? Looking to have the pictures of your "various" body parts that graced the combat zones of FarCry, Battlefield Vietnam & UT2k4 up for everyones viewing pleasure?? :P

I do have to say that U & Tecboy did a GREAT job covering most of the areas w/ your bits & pieces :rotfl:

-- Nem

so, when are the lan-pics gonna be put on the site? do we have an option for a picture page?

As soon as I find the cable for the camera, I'll post the pics.

U didn't by any chance happen NOT to get the cable back from Dragon?? If memory servers, which it so seldom does, I believe he had it recently.

-- Nem

Hey, there I almost am...

You're not kidding ParoxysM! Your shirt is the ONLY proof "picture-wise" that U made it there :P

In that last shot, all U can see of me is the backside of my wonderful green shirt & some of the back of my head.

We had a good turn out though!!

-- Nem