April's LAN Party Extravaganza

April's LAN Party Extravaganza

Saturday April 24th

starting at 3pm

Desert Combat and Call of Duty were quite popular at Feb's party, so you expect a some of those, and also some Battlefield:Vietnam and UT2k4. Both of which just went Gold this past week!

There are also some demos out there for FarCry and Painkiller which are fun. FarCry is supposed to have multiplayer also, so we'll see if that is out then. Doom3 is also a possibility, but I won't hold my breath...

I have tables/seats for approx 24+, so if you let me know your coming, I'll guarantee you a spot. There will be the usual pop, chips & beer, with pizza and wings to follow.

Feel free to pass this invite along....

151 Ames Ave

Tonawanda, NY 14150

838-5115

Directions: Get off the I-290 at Niagara Falls Blvd (going south)

- take a right at the third light (Glenalby)

- follow this down past the school

- take a left one block past the school, that is Ames

- we are the first house on the left, white house.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked at home before I applied the last patch. I didnt want to upgrade past the server (like a did 2 LANs ago) and have to completely reinstall. I have 2 known issues - 1 was resovlable thanks to forum research, the other is ganked.

Hmmm, just curious, what is/was the ganked issue?

I could play on Internet servers, but not on the LAN. I couldnt even see the LAN server...

Hmmm, thats kinda wierd. Since PurSuit had the router setup, did you try coming in thru the public IP?

I think he has his Firewall setup to not allow anykind of connection to anything Pursuit related, hence the reason he couldn't see the game server @ the lan party. I personally didn't have any issues seeing it, but I did have issues staying connected to it.

At least I was able to stay connected long enough to lay down some landmines for Dragon & the gang to run over :)

-- Nem :unsure:

I think he has his Firewall setup to not allow anykind of connection to anything Pursuit related, hence the reason he couldn't see the game server @ the lan party.  I personally didn't have any issues seeing it, but I did have issues staying connected to it.

At least I was able to stay connected long enough to lay down some landmines for Dragon & the gang to run over  :P

-- Nem  :unsure:

The server was in the DMZ at the time and only ParoxysM had the issue of not seeing the server. the map rotation issue I still have no idea on, which is part of the reason you where getting knocked out of the server. Had to reastart the BF server everytime we wanted to change maps. :) EA came out with a fix for this issue on the linux server but not for windows that I know of yet.