Been AFK for too long

Tickboom

Hey all, It has been a long time since I have been on like 2 months I think. Alot has been going on and now I am finally back to start fragging again. Well not until the 11th when my ISP gets installed. Hope to see you all on again.

We've been on sporatically. I need someone new to take my head off.... :(

Been wondering where've you been. Now that the season has started, I'm not on much anymore. With the way the weather has been, I'd like to think things are going to settle down now but I doubt it. I'm going to try and be on more as I was kind of sort of taking a break from BF2.

We did switch up the server to Special Forces for a little. I was thinking about running like that through the summer. Let me know if you don't have SF and/or don't plan on getting it, as I'm not sure how many guys from the 23rd have it and I'd hate to exclude ppl. :(

Dragon

I'll have to pop back in then. For a couple weeks I was getting on a few times a night and the server was dead empty. I had assumed it had gone belly up and was over. So havent been checking in this last month and didnt realize it had started back up.
Ahem...

Servers not gone or anything. Now that the season has started your fearless leader doesn't really have the time to populate it. Nor do I really have the patience for it at the end of the day and I'm a little short on temper and would be Kick/Banning everyone for any little thing.

I think its time someone else steps up to the plate for a little bit.

PurSuit, B.Ob., Tankgunner23 and others busted our asses to get the server populated so everyone would easily have a place to play BF2 in which I wouldn't think twice about openning up a spot if the server was full for. I step away for 2 mins and ppl act like the server shit the bed....

Dragon

So how many weeks am I expected to login a couple times a night to an empty server. And then how many hours should I sit there waiting with 0 other people on the server ?

So that month that I was coming onto the server almost every night for 2-6 hours counted for diddly yo ?

You being and admin and trying to get the server up to where you want to see it - thats a different set of requirements and expectations. But even as just a casual clanner with the full load of RL responsibilities I was there quite a bit. Even nights when you were off playing on different servers and LoTR online I was in our server twiddling thumbs.

I step away for 2 mins and ppl act like the server shit the bed....

People can take breaks, step away, whatever. Thats totally cool. Whats not cool giving me a slap just because the server was dead for a long time, and is in fact still dead. I spent a lot of time stopping in and hanging out. Even since I saw this post the other day Ive stopped in. I still havent seen anyone.

Point of note - I like to play - yes I'd want to play - and yes doing it with a clan is cool - and heck yea Special Forces sounds awesome. All I was saying above is the servers been dead, and I havent been there in a couple weeks because there wasnt anyone there. Nothing more was implied by it.

So how many weeks am I expected to login a couple times a night to an empty server. And then how many hours should I sit there waiting with 0 other people on the server ?

None, load up xfire and keep it running. You'll see exactly when we are on and not have to waste your time even loading BF2...

None, load up xfire and keep it running. You'll see exactly when we are on and not have to waste your time even loading BF2...

Yep thats fine. I was still under the idea that we were trying to create a presence in the server to help keep it going. So I was sitting and hanging around thinking that was part of the idea. After a couple weeks with no one at all showing up thats when I came to the realization it was dead. So I stopped popping in at that point. I pop into the forums here for new chatter on the topics since this is where it was rooted.

I'd be happy to see it back in action. I enjoy BF and SF quite a bit. So 'twas the point of my original post..."w00t its back on".

If I undestood it the problem with building up a population on the server is really just having a core prescence there as much as possible. If people browsing servers always see 0 players or just 1 on a server they will skip over it. But if they see 4 or 5 and know a game will start with 6 players they'll jump in and then theres a good chance the server will pick up lots of players the more the game runs (since we need 6 to start a ranked game). If we only look at x-fire to see if anyones on the server and go in when we finally see someone, theres probably never going to be anyone there, and therefore never a game. People join where they see people. If they dont see anyone no one goes there and its a self perpetuating ghost town.

Unless the goal is to have a server that we can hop on to play with each other occassionally that is.