WNY Gamers Club June LAN Event

Three of the staff members have their own server, besides their regular gaming pc. Unfortunately, not all games are blessed with a dedicated server, or some people have issues connecting to it. We try to run dedicated when we can. You are more than welcome to bring a server if you like!!

Heres a general question. We usually use a server to host the games for Farcry. Do people bring their own servers to play on at your regular LAN parties. I'd hate to waste the time installing and setting up the server at the actually LAN party day. When I lan, all I want to do is GAME.

I have a dedicated server for Far Cry and its pretty much there at every lan. I think only one in the last 3 yrs has it not been there.

I do believe I need to patch it up as I think its not on the last patch but it only take a few mins. If I'm not mistaken, the game does have auto dl for maps so if you had any special ones you like to play, you can throw them my way and I'll load them up. I also made a map for Far Cry which I think is in the rotation on my server.

I run a stripped version of the full game on my server and I don't think we've ever had an issue with it. B)

Dragon

• 3 weeks later...

j00 da man :)

Pick a version and I'll make sure my comp is good to go next lan. Far Cary ftw.

Zoar definately hit me up then next time you guys play im interested for sure. At the very least we can have a few games the next lan. Now I gotta start playing it again and get my skillz back up, lol.

Edited by WarSpartan