Motherboard Monitor 5.3.6.0 Released!!

Download Motherboard Monitor

added:

ALi 1563 Southbridge support

Intel Hance Rapids Southbridge support

Intel ICH6 Southbridge support (prelimenary)

Intel ICH6M Southbridge support (prelimenary)

AMD 8111 southbridge support (old type)

Phillips NE1619DS support

ADM1026 support

CPU Speed can now be send via the Syslog

SHDN path option in the [advanced] section when running mbm as service (see forum, faq, ini entries)

Display option in the [advanced] section, to overrule the current dashboard (see forum, faq, ini entries)

WM_BUILDMBMICON message added, see help file for info

Fixes:

ITE range of sensors fan sensor 3 dividor problem fixed again !!

AMD 8111 southbridge support adjusted (new type)

big font size problem with wizard

Changes:

Increased the number of hdd the smart temp option can handle/detect

If the system tray crashes and you have the black MBM icon then after the tray is back MBM will redraw itself, this already worked like this when you have values in the tray instead of the black icon

Inno installer 4.1.4 used

Changed the way the wise setup works, this should fix some of the driver install problem

Made the update button on the wizard flash, many people missed that button

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, this sounds like what I need to show the CPU temp on my Gigabyte VIA 266a and Shuttle nForce2 motherboards!! They don't have a the winbond chip and come with software like my A-Bits did.

I assume ParoxysM uses this, anyone else?

Sounds like a cool app, but I dont see my Via chipset in the list. I hope that isnt the completed list...

Parox use it??...I dunno, maybe he's looking for opinions....waiting for us to tell him if its safe. Sounds like one of those screwy apps Nem keeps finding. I'd put together a box to test it first.

Anyone got any newish dead motherboards? I need 3 electrolytic capacitors to fix this Gigabyte board. 6.3v, 105C, 1-1000uf and 2-2200uf. I found a place to order quality replacement caps, but I'll wind up with a dozen extra's, or pay top dollar for the 3. Do any of you need them? Maybe we can place a bulk order. I read about problems with capacitors that are being used on a lot of motherboards. Gateway, IBM and dell had an ordeal with them, Abit openly admitted they were having issues with them. They can be fissed, by replacing all the large capacitors, somewhere between 14 and 32 caps, all the ones over 1000uf.

More info HERE

I replaced caps on 3 Gigabyte m/b's myself. 2 out of the 3 are working again (just havn't tried the 3rd yet) just fine!! I got them pretty cheap, but don't have the link here where I got them. I think it was like $12-$13 for 9 caps (including shipping) to get all 3 m/b's back into action! I'll post the site when I get home...

Also the caps I got were the correct uF rating, but had a higher voltage rating.

Sounds like we have a common enemy. You said you had to order them? THe guy I found will take paypal, and sells 14-17 cap kits for $20. I only need 3, none of the old dead boards are worth fixing....socket7. I'm wondering if a leaky cap is causing Nems vid issues since his mobo is mentioned in the article feedback. Maybe I should make a seperate post and we can get caps for everyone here that needs them.

PS - You guys think I'm nuts for dragging that UPS around, right? This is why. Conditioned power does extend the components life. :rolleyes:

Yep, I ordered them here: All Electronics.com

1200 UF 16 Volts .40cents each etc....

Having a UPS is definately a good thing!! but can't afford them for all my PCs... :lol: It seems a lot of m/b's have had bad caps. I read an article in CPU mag (Nov, 2003; which got me to replace my own), and also I got this link from Nemesis.

Speaking of, has Nemesis looked into his PC window yet to check his caps?! :rolleyes:

You cant identify capacitor issues visually, unless they explode. Leaky capacitors dont leak anything physical, but current can leak through where it shouldnt, disrupting the circuit. Replacing the caps on your board may solve the vid issues, but you need to remove them from the board to test them properly.

True, although all the ones I've come across lately have some visual clue it was b0rk3d.

THat makes it easier. THese 3 on the gigabyte board have expanded, so the neat little creases in the top are visually bubbled. If you dont look close, you wouldnt notice. This was the result of letting the tech at the show assemble it. 1 brass mobo support in the wrong place. I have had to reinstall Windows to get show computers working properly, never thought I needed to check the assembly. Hopefully that misplace ground connection didnt burn out anything but the caps.

• 2 weeks later...

I havn't gone to a show in a LONG time!!! Not sure how much trust I have for the vendors there... I'll get my stuff from newegg, or elsewhere online and build it myself!!

• 2 months later...

I havent had trouble with show vendors. Theyre usually fairly local vendors from real computer stores. I didnt have trouble returning memory that didnt work or exchanging a bad hdd. I usually can almost match the best prices on Pricewatch at the computer show...I just never expected to have to double check the basic assembly. I replaced the caps, but the board still wont post. The AC getting thru where it should have been DC must have burned out some of the more sensitive circuits. Cant really tell without an O-scope ;)