Viacom Sues YouTube, Google for $1 Billion

Viacom Sues YouTube, Google for $1 Billion

Viacom filed suit against YouTube and its parent company Google on Tuesday, charging the video-sharing site with copyright infringement of its entertainment properties and claiming $1 billion in damages.

Viacom contends that YouTube’s strategy has been to avoid taking “proactive steps” to curtail infringement and accused YouTube of generating “significant traffic and revenues” for itself while shifting the burden and cost of monitoring the site onto the “victims of its infringement.”

Anyone on here willing to divulge their bandwidth usage for the month?

I rarely download content, I may stream a few 2-4 minute youtube clips at most. Games, surfing and email dont eat up that much.

I know 4 people that regularly exceed 100GB/month. ;)

I'd be curious to know mine. If I kept track of how many times the counters rolled in my router, I could find mine out.

There will be less people surfing youtube now anyway....

Not so fast, broadband providers tell big users

WTF?

"Today, he said, an average subscriber downloads about one gigabyte per month, but even if everyone on the network began downloading just one movie a month, it could have a dramatic effect on the network."

My ass, why have a high speed connection then? My Vonage does more then 1GB a month. I did more the 1GB a month with dailup. 1GB a day I could see, though I bet I am up around the 100GB a month. I did at least 8GB to 10GB last night alone and I bet I do that at least 2 to 3 times a week. Just on website design and maintenance some night go over 1GB.